RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyd's At-One Stock

I don't know if they still offer the JRS classic, but it was nice. I put a couple on friend's Mausers and they felt great. I like the looks of that Prairie Hunter, too. My daughter has a Stevens. 243 in ( her pick) Featherweight Thumbhole Sky Blue Laminate. It's a dream from the bench, less so stalking. I asked the owner about Tikka T3 stocks right after the rifles hit the market, and he quite jerkfully told me they would not offer stocks for them. Now they do, but I ain't buying one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

i bought a cheap rem 783 in 6.5 creedmoor, w/24" heavy barrel, expressly to restock with a boyd's at-one for extreme long range. quite impressed and clearly happy with the stock, the action, and the overall accuracy at a short 700 yards.

Boolit Master
    I've got one in a classic style (don't remember the name) in the laminate sky blue. It fits the action perfectly (snug like it should be) and will contour barrel area to fit. I like a traditional walnut and blued, but I really like this one. Very happy with their product, but like someone else has commented, I can't quite get around the looks of the adjustable models. They do have their purpose, just not for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TankerDon View Post
    I got tired of the boat oar stock on my Ruger .223 last year. Looked at Boyd's offerings. I'm not so fussy to need all the adjustments and didn't like the look of the At-One, so went with a Prairie Hunter. Action had a tight press fit after minor deburring. Free float was good. Slim wrist, flat fore end for the bench bag, and comb is high enough. I'm happy with it.
    I've got two of those boat paddle rifles I bought new, 300 Win and 22-250, you have me a thinking they need wood stocks.
    Charter Member #148

I haven't purchased the AT One Stock but I have handled one. The problem I have with it is I can not adjust the L.O.P. out enough to fit. It is short.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spike Camp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	258072

I have purchased the Spike Camp stock from Boyds. It is kind of squarish too. But it fits me better. I find the grip angle to be a little odd. The grip is swept rearward a bit much. It is almost easier not to use the thumbhole grip at all.

I just finished up a at one stock for my 223 axis. the action fit pretty good. I ordered the stock with a heavy barrel, barrel channel and it was no where close. Had to remove a ton of wood from the channel.
    the front action screw box magazine has a cheap piece of plastic that broke at about 32" pounds of torque. All and all it will work. made a piece out of brad and metal for the front action screw magazine latch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	258075

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	258076

Boolit Master

Don’t like the tactical gaudy look of the At-One Stock. I do have several other stocks from Boyd’s. The last one I bought was the Prairie Hunter, which I ran the hump cheek piece through a band saw to create a dropped stock for iron sights. It worked out very well.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    the at-one stock ain't near perfect and i had issues with mine as well - needed to dremel in a lot of relief just to get the mag into the mag well and even as such it doesn't work all that well (but i can't use the mag due to the added length of the 6.5 creedmoor rounds i need to create, so its a single shot gun no matter what), the butt stock extension was a PITA to work and required a buncha fiddling to get it to open and set properly (but i could easily get a 14" LOP, and boyd offers longer rods to increase that if need be). there are other boyd stocks i've had that overall looked better (thumb hole varmint is my fave) but i wanted, and could only get, the adjustments i required for the cheek rise, target grip, LOP, with the at-one.

.308 savage in a boyd stock ...
    Attachment 258095
    .243 ruger american in a boyd stock ...

Name:	DSC00690.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	258096

pretty nice stock turned out good from Richards.

Name:	model 70.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	258097
    Savage 112 with the Boyds Varmint stock
    Both are piller bedded and glass bedded

Name:	Savage.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	258098

Boolit Grand Master
    My attraction to the At-One are the benefits of adjustable LOP and check piece. Having a gun that fits is a pleasure to shoot. Looks are secondary, but it is more attractive to me than the plastic the econo rifles come with.

I doubt I will ever purchase another "nice" rifle. My T/C Compass will shoot as well or better for less than 1/3 the price. Add an after market stock if desired, and still at 1/2 the price.

Appreciate the responses and opinions.
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12