Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone know how far DR. Blackmon is backed up ?

Anyone know how far DR. Blackmon is backed up ?

Was wanting to order a few things but didn’t want to wait a year on it lol.
    Thanks.
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Bub
    This is a month or so late, but did you ever call him? I have e-mailed him over the years but the phone was always faster. Between one and two years was the last time I had contacted him.

Boolit Buddy
    I asked about a tubing jacket set and he said he couldn't take it on. That was last fall.

Boolit Buddy

He's probably done making dies and such. Go with BT Sniper. His stuff is better! I havnt used any of blackmons dies, but I'm going to be bold enough to say; Brian's dies are better! If blackmons are cheaper, chances are, he cuts corners...

Boolit Mold
    I have 3 dies(224"/6 mm/.308") made by Mr Larry Blackmon . The bullets I made with then, using J4 jackets shoot better in my rifle than those made by Berger and Sierra.

So, the Blackmon dies are top notch.

Dont have Brian´s dies, but I believe they are of high quality too

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks for the mention guys. I never got a chance to see or use any of blackmon's dies but from everything I read lead me to believed them to be of good quality. As far as price differences, I do not believe it is a matter of cutting corners that made his any less expensive, simply a different design that most likely required less labor to get to final product.

Swage on!

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    Thanks for the mention guys. I never got a chance to see or use any of blackmon's dies but from everything I read lead me to believed them to be of good quality. As far as price differences, I do not believe it is a matter of cutting corners that made his any less expensive, simply a different design that most likely required less labor to get to final product.

Swage on!

BT
    If the forum had a like button, I'd click it for this post.

Dr Blackmon's dies are very well made, but as Brian said, a very different design than Brian's.

I don't own any of either at this point, but I've used both and had excellent results.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

I've had Blackmon's dies made for my Corbin press for many years . High quality stuff. I don't think he ever made a great number in a given time. Wouldn't surprise me if BT hasn't sold more sets total . Blackmon must be getting up in age also . Fewer folks making swaging stuff now. Be glad you have one here if you haven't started yet !

Boolit Master
    I talked to Larry a few times this week. He's working on 22 cal stuff. He does them in batches. He said he'd have my press and dies within 3 months but could also have them sooner in like a month.

Until then I bought a cheaper (not that cheap) little kit on ebay to use on my single stage press. I haven't seen anyone review this system so I guess I'll be the first. The guy uses a removable cap system. So you're doing multiple steps while the bullet is still in the die. When it's done you remove the cap and the bullet comes out the top.

Boolit Master
    Remind me to block your comments. You say you have never used anything from Blackmon yet state he cuts corners because he is cheaper?

I might scratch my head so much on your wisdom it could bleed.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Buddy

Utah, If you go back and read, I stated "chances are" he cuts corners. A lot of the times when something is cheaper, corners were cut on quality. I'm sorry if I offended some folks.

Also there was a poster that has been in contact with him. He stated there is a possible 1 to 2 yr wait. That makes me think he's winding down.