WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: T/C G1 barrel stuck on G3 frame..

Boolit Master

T/C G1 barrel stuck on G3 frame..

I just got a frame with a few barrels. I think the frame is G3, 400k SN and selector switch on the hammer. I pulled the barrel that was on it (.22LR Super 14) and stuck a .357 Herrett barrel on. All was good until I tried to take the barrel off. It's stuck good. Pulling the pin out didn't help any. When I looked at the other extra barrel (30 Herrett) I notice it has a single piece locking bolt so I assume the stuck one does too. Is there any reasonable way to get these unstuck? Any thoughts appreciated.

I do have a frame in the 77k SN range so if I can get this barrel off, it should work fine on that frame. Teach me to look before I stick a barrel on a frame. )-:}

Cross posted on single shot pistol forum too. I just know there's a lot of knowledge on this forum too.

GOT IT. Just had to drop the trigger group out and push the barrel locking bolt in with a screw driver.
    Last edited by arlon; 01-26-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Boolit Master

Oh boy, close call. I have had a few of them myself...

Boolit Master

I think there is just a Contender some call it a G1 the new Contender G2 and a Encore but all Contender barrels should work on G1 and G2
    frames
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    You saying that it’s closed and won’t pivot open, or that it’s open and won’t lift off the receiver? Can’t imagine the later, but thought I’d ask.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by arlon View Post
    I just got a frame with a few barrels. I think the frame is G3, 400k SN and selector switch on the hammer. I pulled the barrel that was on it (.22LR Super 14) and stuck a .357 Herrett barrel on. All was good until I tried to take the barrel off. It's stuck good. Pulling the pin out didn't help any. When I looked at the other extra barrel (30 Herrett) I notice it has a single piece locking bolt so I assume the stuck one does too. Is there any reasonable way to get these unstuck? Any thoughts appreciated.

I do have a frame in the 77k SN range so if I can get this barrel off, it should work fine on that frame. Teach me to look before I stick a barrel on a frame. )-:}

Cross posted on single shot pistol forum too. I just know there's a lot of knowledge on this forum too.

GOT IT. Just had to drop the trigger group out and push the barrel locking bolt in with a screw driver.
    I had a 222Rem barrel that came on a 1st revision frame (screw selector in the hammer) and I put it on a 3rd revision frame (selector on top of hammer). I had the same outcome as you and also had to pull the trigger and other bits out to get the barrel to unlock.

Banner Sponsor

You should be able to replace the 1 piece bolt with a 2 piece and use it on the newer frame. I did that on a 45 Colt barrel and it worked fine.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    You should be able to replace the 1 piece bolt with a 2 piece and use it on the newer frame. I did that on a 45 Colt barrel and it worked fine.
    I have long since sold that 1st revision frame and barrel combo, but all my current barrels have been updated to the two piece locks for my G2 frames.