Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: USPS flat rate increase

Boolit Grand Master

USPS flat rate increase

Noticed the flat rate prices have gone up.
    Seems to be getting a little high.
    Small flat rate box is close to $8.00 now.
    Large is close to $20
    Not quite the bargain it used to be.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 01-26-2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: edited title only

Boolit Master
    What other service will deliver up to 70lbs anywhere in the country for such a low rate? MFRB with $70lb lead $14.35 You could ship a SFRB with 70lb for $7.50 but it would have to be filled with pure gold. You couldn't get dinner delivered to your house much cheaper.

Banned

Union wage is why. I can get stuff shipped from Finland with insurance and signature required and tracking for less than $10 USD. I have ordered stuff from China at $1 and $0.04 for shipping. Showed up in 2 weeks. When you have people that have mismanaged the $ all these years and that is what you get.

Boolit Master
    I think the rates go up today.

SFRB $8.70
    MFRB $15.05
    LFRB $20.75

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I think the rates go up today.

SFRB $8.70
    MFRB $15.05
    LFRB $20.75
    Yep it's today

https://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    And why do you think China shipping to US is so cheap?.....Simple ,because the Chinese load up a container at a designated port and ship bulk to US ,where the broke USPS has to deliver the package for nothing ,a thousand miles from the port of entry.....You mail a package in China 1000 miles from a port ,where do you think it will go ?..If its adressed to the US ,it will go straight to the local Secret Police HQ,and so will you .

Boolit Grand Master
    Going up again!!!!!!!
    UGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Ha, ups has new surcharge for anything over 50 pounds. I don’t like their increase, but a lot of the time they are cheaper than ups or fedex. Check them all

The flat rate boxes are still a great deal. Fill a similar size plain cardboard box with lead and see how much postage costs for THAT one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

One of the reasons that the postal rates are so high is that the wonderful congress we have voted in takes more that 5 hundred million dollars every year from the post office budget. Wonderful little band of thieves we have governing us.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Union wage is why. I can get stuff shipped from Finland with insurance and signature required and tracking for less than $10 USD. I have ordered stuff from China at $1 and $0.04 for shipping. Showed up in 2 weeks. When you have people that have mismanaged the $ all these years and that is what you get.
    China literally subsidies their folks on the shipping. Vendors from China on eBay don't have to pay for shipping...The tab is picked up by their government. Just another way that China is trying to break into our market.
    I get a lot of stuff from China delivered for under $1. That is the price of the item + the shipping ALL for under a buck. It's great for someone like me who often buys very small things and don't have much money. I just ordered a couple of adjustable 7/8-14 thread cutting dies (the standard size of reloading dies) For the sum of ...Get ready...make sure you are sitting down... $1.17 delivered to my door. That is not a typo folks. Just over a buck a piece for 7/8- 14 dies.
    I could go on...drill bits for Under a quarter apiece delivered...lasers for 75 cents apiece delivered. Tungsten Carbide tool bit for the lathe for under $2.25 apiece...
    Every one of those items would cost more than that for postage if bought in the USA.

Banned

Then tell me how I had 46lbs of Military tarps shipped from Finland for $9.99 flat rate shipping to the USA? Had it in 4 days. Half way around the world in 4 days! USPS has a hard time shipping that for 200 miles in 4 days. Last week I bought a stock from someone on another forum. He was just across the border in IN from Chicago. I am straight west just over 200 miles from him. It took 6 days and that was Priority Mail! And it was $9.09 what it cost him to ship it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Then tell me how I had 46lbs of Military tarps shipped from Finland for $9.99 flat rate shipping to the USA? Had it in 4 days. Half way around the world in 4 days! USPS has a hard time shipping that for 200 miles in 4 days. Last week I bought a stock from someone on another forum. He was just across the border in IN from Chicago. I am straight west just over 200 miles from him. It took 6 days and that was Priority Mail! And it was $9.09 what it cost him to ship it.
    Just be glad you don't live in Canada. I have had several things take over 6 weeks to get not to mention about double the price of the US. I asked a guy up there in a fairly remote area ...I guy I bought some books from...Why it took so long. He replied, "Oh our post office doesn't work like yours, they wait till they get enough mail to justify a trip before they send it out of the local post office" I don't know if he was joking or not, but it took 6 weeks to get the stuff.
    I don't like the fact that we have to pay so much for shipping either. It really hurts small businesses that deal with less expensive items.
    I was going to buy some threaded rod 5/16-24 B7 rod 3' long. From Grainger. Great price...less than $3 But they have to charge $5 for shipping so it ends up being too expensive. So much stuff like that. I don't know how Amazon can ship stuff free. I think there is something fishy going on there.