Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Cast Bullet Machine

Cast Bullet Machine

Other than Magma who else makes a affordable bullet casting machine?
    Rick

Vendor Sponsor

I have a friend that has a Ballistacast but I don’t think they are making them at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John 15:13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'affordable'. The Magma single mold manual machine is the cheapest thing going, but if you're talking about commercial level, I think they start around $12 grand. Even so, I believe Magma is the only game going at the moment. Ballisticast or NVBallistics, or whatever their name is now, may or may not make something if requested, but it's at least a tertiary line for them, and not likely to be prioritized any time soon.

If there's anyone else out there, I'd be curious to hear about it as well
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Buddy
    It looks like Northern Valley Machine has discontinued their production of their machines. They are no longer mentioned on their web page. Does anyone know for sure?

I'm in need for spare parts for my Mark-X.

Thanks

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Look at the post from hunter74. Magma has been around for decades and has very good customer support. You are buying a lifetime investment. There is a used MasterCaster on Ebay for $850 and I am sure the seller will get his price...so they do not lose much value.

I would caution against saving $200 on a machine from another manufacturer even if you find one. I purchased my MC for $750 a few years ago and believe it is a bargain. If you decide to buy used, Magma will be there with parts and help.
    Don Verna

Vendor Sponsor

I agree with all of the above, my friend is always concerned that his Ballisticast will break down and he can’t get parts. I have an older Bullet Master Mark 4 and a LubeSizer from Magma. I can get most of the parts that I need from Magma. The parts that are obsolete on my machine can be upgraded with new parts from Magma. They are a great company to deal with.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Banned
    What parts are you needing for the Mark IV? I think about everything can be sourced.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    What parts are you needing for the Mark IV? I think about everything can be sourced.
    It is running good at the moment, but I would like to have a spare electric solenoid for the lead pour on the pot.

Banned
    A Mark IV doesn't have a solenoid. Unless they have two different Mark IV's. Mine was purchased thru a group buy here on cast boolits forum from Mike Sand and uses a manual lead release.

Vendor Sponsor

A Mark IV doesn't have a solenoid. Unless they have two different Mark IV's. Mine was purchased thru a group buy here on cast boolits forum from Mike Sand and uses a manual lead release.

This is what mine looks like. I don’t have a close up pic of the electric solenoid that I am talking about. But it looks like the same type as the ones on the mold knockers tonight.

Banned
    A Mark IV doesn't have a solenoid. Unless they have two different Mark IV's. Mine was purchased thru a group buy here on cast boolits forum from Mike Sand and uses a manual lead release.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1250002.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	255405

This is my MarkIV manual lead release.

In the process of being automated

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhopson View Post

This is what mine looks like. I don’t have a close up pic of the electric solenoid that I am talking about. But it looks like the same type as the ones on the mold knockers tonight.

I always thought that was a MarkII

Vendor Sponsor

A Mark IV doesn't have a solenoid. Unless they have two different Mark IV's. Mine was purchased thru a group buy here on cast boolits forum from Mike Sand and uses a manual lead release.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1250002.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	255405

This is my MarkIV manual lead release.

In the process of being automated
    Mine is a Magma Bullet Master, what kind is yours?

Banned
    I guess I didn't read good enough the thread started out asking about different bullet casters and I missed the part about you having a Magma MarkIV and a lubrisizer.......my mistake I saw Mark IV and my mind went to Ballisti-cast Mark IV. Sorry

Vendor Sponsor

No problem, now I understand.

Boolit Buddy
    As mentioned before, Magma is a solid company straight through with good products, great customer support. When you have a problem with their equipment they allway help, and that fast. If I was in the market for another machine I would without question buy from Magma. They have lifetime support on their equipment. I got my Bullet Master used but anyway they've always helped me. That says alot these days.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Banned
    I'm pretty sure the company that bought Ballisti-cast quit making bullet casting equipment. I think Magma is the only game in town.