Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my first deer

Stupid a... -head shot a deer in the back leg in the morning with a .410. He insisted the gun was plenty powerfull. We didnt. We had that poor deer around all day. Either seeing her or her blood. We were so disgusted we were half sick. We finally kicked her up in a patch of cat tails at almost dark. She got out in a cut beanfield, up down up down, way out there. We wound up mortaring .12 gauge slugs in arcs until we finally killed her. It was such a disgusting spectacle we never forgot it.
    Sometimes we have to fix stupid mistakes. We feel responsible and do our best. If we hadn't gotten her there's no telling how long she'd have suffered.

I just flat missed a nice 6 point year before last off of my front porch we live in the boonies lol I rest my rifle on my post & took aim & BOOM after the smoke cleared up NO DEER & I am still racking my brain on how I missed that one fellas I got so angry I even sold the rifle & it for sure wasn't the gun it was about 45 yards on the hill over from my porch still scratching my head over it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12