Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thread size Odd ball-ium

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver7 View Post
    Lucas is the Prince of Darkness
    The Lucas motto: Get home before dark

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Model enginreers thread comes in 32tpi and 40tpi .I use it fairly often for fine adjustment thread spindles and the like .The thread in an English made micrometer is 40tpi .IIRC Parke Hale had thier own thread for thier cleaning rods and jags 37 1/2 threads per inch , they refused to change to the standard that the other companies used on thier rods and jags ,needless to say that PH products are not that popular these days.

Then there is the BA thread series.
    Last edited by BigEyeBob; 01-31-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    I understand they drink their beer worm over there, seems Lucas made refrigerators also.
    In the 70's they tried branching out and made a vacuum cleaner as well. Only thing Lucas ever made that didn't suck.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

I once counted six different thread standards on one brand new 1967 BSA. Or maybe it was seven.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    As a retired tool and die maker,45yrs., I did a lot of prototypes many for the welding industries. You can do almost an unlimited combination of diameters and threads per inch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big bore 99 View Post
    ..........You can do almost an unlimited combination of diameters and threads per inch.
    And the British have proven this,... repeatedly

Boolit Master
    Then there's the classic British car smell.....leather and burnt wiring...……..
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Master
    Some of the stupid english ideas had a reason behind them
    When I was a kid our vehicle registration had a very hefty engine tax component that was figured by multiplying cylinder bore diameter x number of cylinders - that kept english makers (even jaguar) locked into smaller bore longer stroke motor design way past the time they knew better - a short stroke yankee engine of similar displacement could cost near twice as much to register -
    none of which explains why they put these machines together inside out and back to front
    old mechanic mate of mine (long gone) used to say it wasnt the foxes and rabbits the poms sent to Australia to annoy us - no mate it was austins and bedfords!

Banned
    Ask any P-51 engine mechanic about the trials of bolts and fasteners on the RR Merlin engines, and the way the English manuals were written explaining what fastener and wrench size to use.
    It's no wonder Packard got involved in the manufacture of the engine and made it work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12