RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First blood for Chipmunk pistol

Boolit Master

First blood for Chipmunk pistol

Just had to get out of the house this morning. Windy and 9 am, but the woods beckons. Really dead, hardly anything moving.. I sat on a log and enjoyed the quiet, really quiet. After about a half hr I decided to just make it a fitness walk. Well this Boone and Crockett squirrel starts chattering at me from at least 40 yards and way up the hill. One shot holding just off the hair above her head and the little Chipmunk or Cricket??) pistol drew first blood. Solid head shot with Winchester Sub HP, never moved. So, we are 100%,see if I can hold up my end and keep it that way. I need to add a sling, just stuck it into my half zipped coat for today. Little gun shoots well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8EB757A9-ED06-4445-BB69-E64AB3BD6B1B.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	255227
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Good job!

Boolit Master

That is a fantastic job. I imagine from what I see that this is quite the trophy and will score high in the Boone & Crockett listing. You should get extra points for the method you used to take this one.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I didn't know they Made those. Is it a Crickett or a Chipmunk, we have a couple of the Crickett rifles and they seem reliable though I have a hard time getting my eye to see through the rear sight, Fat cheeks I guess. Any way, congratulations on the successful hunt.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Is that really a left handed bolt or is the image reversed? GF

Boolit Master
    It's a left hand bolt as the windage turret is on the opposite side. https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...s_id/719004528

Boolit Master

Thank you for sharing
    Really neat pistol
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Way to go.... after the sling you need to add a bipod and a 6-18x55 scope....

Just kidding! Didn’t realize Chipmunk made these.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

I have known about these but frankly not really given them a second look.

But I gotta say they are on my radar now!

Last weekend I found myself surfin videos looking for information. I was also in RFS looking for posts figuring it’s a rim fire what better place to
    Look. Apparently not allot of folks brag on them cause not many posts in there 8 year life span.

I’m was very pleased to see them Offered in my fav RF the 22 Magnum. I’m reall close to dropping some dollars. There cost is well appreciated as well!!

Thanks for the thread!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Thanks all, for the comments. The little pistol is made by Keystone, I gave 143$ online was 205$ all up transfer shipping and all. I got the walnut, well cause I like walnut but I suspected I would need to open up the grip and wood cuts easier/finishes better for me. Lighter than the lam too. Turned out all I did was disassemble the trigger and deburr . When reassemble I put the loading trough spring in as trigger spring and got another spring for the trough at Ace hardware. Grip was fine but I wear a 9 glove, so not big hands. That is a cheap rifle scope,4x, and I shoot it with the ducktail under my cheekbone. My Charger is setup the same, and twice as heavy. This is not as accurate as the charger, but I have not done much experimentation. About an inch at 50yards for 5 is where this is running. Only tried one ammo, Win sub hp. Was good enough to hunt some so ammo search awaits spring. A better/smaller scope and some bedding as well. I like fiddling with inexpensive guns that have potential. Left hand bolt is for loading without changing grip. No issue to me, I still operate it right handed, would never get a shell in it left handed. Yes, I am that uncoordinated.
    Buds link above is the gun, do some searching. There are lots a versions and the prices are all over the place. Too bad no one seems to stock them, had to buy it to find out( like obamacare.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I was looking at those a couple weeks ago and I believe they make them in 22 mag as well. I think I’m going to hold out and get the new rock island target tactical 22 WMR with a picatinny rail so I can put a red dot on it. Been obsessed with a 22 Winchester mag semi automatic Pistol for decades and never pulled the trigger on one because it seems like none of them ever are reliable enough. I had a Pmr30 that would jam every 2 to 3 rounds and went back three times in a row to Keltec ruled it out as a lemon and finally refunded me. And I almost pulled the trigger on an excel Excelerator the other day and finally use some common sense and said forget it after watching some videos of them jamming every time. I don’t think 22 WMR and semi automatic pistols mix. Just too long, thin, and of a weak case that gets bends, dents, and grabs when feeding imo. In my opinion one jam is too much. I know it’s a really dirty round. I have to clean my Ruger American 22 WMR every 30 or 40 rounds or the spent casings will start sticking. You have me fired up I think I’m going out with my brown in 5.5 target now I’ll see if I can do some brain shots. The problem is is we got about a foot of snow here in my properties on a ridge so I’m normally on my butt 3 to 4 times before I get up to flat walking for some tree rats. I really have to earn them this time of year around here.

Boolit Master

There isn’t many 22 magnums I haven’t owned. It’s a favorite caliber for me too

My PMR just needed some love and it’s a 100% with EVERYTHING. Even Dynapoints and WEF ammo!!

Good call on no Excellorator. Been there don’t that it’s a jambOmattic.

Took two then two more to get me a Auto mag. Then a case popped and it wouldn’t function. Went back to factory. A mid size was returned. But it was not accurate. Then another that was not accurate. Sold both. 3/4 years back a friend was gonna trade his in. I snatched it up and it’s almost a good shooter as my first.

The realistically new Rock Island has been good not great. But mostly it feeds pretty well.

CW

Darn it that means no rock island either you’re killing me!lol

My PMR 30 shot extremely tight groups it killed me that it jammed every 2 to 3 rounds. I went back to PMR three times and they gave up to. They offered to either send me a new replacement pistol or a refund for what I paid for it. I figured I didn’t wanna go through trying to get another one to feed so I just took the cash back. Maybe I’ll get a Ruger single six.

Until then I’ll just keep shooting my Ruger American 22WMR... it’s my favorite little rimfire. I can shoot SUB MOA with two different loads at 100 yards with it. What ever I hit blows up... Which is an always good for squirrels if I get impatient and don’t wait for head shots. But they hit like the hammer of Thor compared to 22lr.

Sorry to hijack the thread I’m getting my butt out with that buck mark tomorrow hopefully. Just depends on how long it takes FedEx to drop off my Ruger scout.

Boolit Master

Agreed I have had a dozen 22 WMR bolt rifles and half a doz rifles. My RUGER American is most accurate! That more accurate than my Anshutz or my Savage Chuckster!!

It’s my belief most feeding issues with the PMR are operator error. Losing mags. Rim lock is a real thing.

These are the first 2, 100 yard groups I shot. I found it discontinued at Cabela’s the winter before last for $199. It’s the 22” all black standard Ruger American 22WMR version.

My buddy who is a gunsmith recommended it to me and said he had the same one and it shot SUB MOA. I also saw an article from guns magazine or similar they were shooting .366” 100 groups with the hornady ammo. I almost bought a CZ or Anshutz but glad i cheapened out. I put a KDW rail on it so I can flip my scope on and off to install my photon xt46 night vision. One of these days I need to actually put it on there and sight it in and try it out. I think I’ve had it now for about four years whenever they first came out. I actually had the generation before it and it went out before I even got a chance to use it so photon replaced it with the updated model.

Boolit Master

Mine shoots those Hornadys into tiny groups too!!

They don’t kill coyotes as well as 50g Federal’s do.

CW

The only time I really shoot coyotes around here is during bow hunting when they come walking in while I’m sitting in my tree stand or turkey hunting coming into a cluck. I drilled a couple during anterless only season to. They just don’t like coming into a call around here. When I head out to Arizona I take my caller and they come in like flies, my weapon of choice is a 12 gauge with 3 inch BB shot. I’ve taken over 10 or 11 dozen out there with shotgun alone. Probably the same amount with 223 and 243‘s. One of these days I’ll try a rimfire. I switched to shotgun exclusively out there years ago after I blew up a really nice bobcat at close range with my 243. I’d like to get an old savage 24F or V over under One of these days for a calling rifle, 12 gauge and 222 or 223 would be my choice.

I believe I tried those 50 grainers in my rifle and they shoot just a hair over MOA at 100 yards... Just not as accurate so I don’t use them. I have a brand new box sitting here I might have to go shoot some groups and try them again, maybe I was just having a bad day.

Boolit Master

Not as accurate as Hornadys yes. Plenty accurate for song dogs!

Your dogs see a lot of people and likely regular contact. That’s why they don’t call Easy. They will come. Same as ours here.

Back on topic here;

I’m going to couple shops today. Might just order one of these!! Stainless in 22 Manglem!

Savage 24 in 12 is a BIG gun. I agree on skatter gun! I use Savage 24’s usually myself. Easier than luggin a Rifle & 870.

CW

Boolit Master

I ordered one last week!!!

Anxiously waiting for shipment. Kinda strange as Keystone said it was in stock and pistols are required to be shipped overnight or second day.

Woulda/ Shoulda been here in a week on the outside.

CW

Boolit Master
    So, which one ?? Stainless 22 mag, lam or walnut??? Really looking forward to your first impression. You will want to cleanup the burrs and sharp edges on the trigger so don’t let that put you off. Perhaps start a thread in rimfire when you get it. There are probably more folks interested in them, just can’t decide, We owe it’s to the enabler code!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast