RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Load data for 410 Chedite hulls

Boolit Buddy

Load data for 410 Chedite hulls

Would it be safe to use same load as AAHS hulls. I'm loading 1/2 oz # 9 with 15.4 gr H110 with claybuster win clone wad? Or do I need MG410 wad with Chedite hull? Don't want overpressure with Chedite primer. I know they are Eurotrash but I have 200 to load with no data in lyman manual.
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/shotgun

Go above and accept terms and enter your hull, lists H110 loads for your hull.

Lists fed 410sc wad, you want the wad a good fit to the hull for a good gas seal. Chef diet primer also listed, they are very close to Win. primers first load data, but are larger dia. Win, CCI ect will fall out of the European hulls, and stretch your AA. I have used 10s of thousands of “euro trash” primers, work just fine.
    Last edited by rking22; 01-23-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks I guess I should have said these are new hulls already primed and I assume they are cheddite primers. I am new to shotgun loading and plan on using AA HS most of the time but I already had these when I got the mec.

Boolit Master
    i use cheddite primers clay buster wads 13grs of 2400 or h 110 no problems
    hulls last much longer than aas

Boolit Master
    so answer to your ?? is YES

For the euro primer pockets you can use the tool from BPI to redo the pocket to use US made 209. I have try it and work .Just to give a idea out . Here is the link https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Un...tinfo/0740010/
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Just remember they will need the European primers when you reload, CCIs almost fit , but fall out very easily. I would use the load indicating 1225fps, it is no where near max from other sources and I like at least 1250 in 410 target loads. seems to pattern more consistently. Look at the AA sporting clays load as guidance. Just my personal experience.

Edit, did not see prior post. Swedge them if you like, would be nice not to need to stock 2 types.I like the economy primers , and cram them in my gun clubs, I’m cheap
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    Yes I have the primer pocket tool as well as I plan to use Win primers when I reload them. I hope they hold up to several reloads.

Boolit Master
    just use cheddite primers

Boolit Buddy
    Well don't have cheddite and too cheap to buy them when I have case or two of win 209

Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    just use cheddite primers
    Just wait until hazmat charges are reduced as a special and buy the primers that match your hulls. I have the primer pocket swag tool and it works fine but why add the extra step? Gp

Boolit Buddy
    You got a point I know, and I will look for cheap hazmat charges cause that extra step will be a pain if doing several hundred hulls. 410 is a new gauge for me and don't really know how many I will shoot. Thanks

Boolit Master
    cheddite will work in ANY hull winchesters wont plus ched are $10 to $15 cheaper per1K

Boolit Master
    Last case 5000 I ordered was barely over half the price of a case of Winchester. Haven’t loaded a Win or CCI 209 in 20 years or more. And I am talking close to 200,000 of them! Not a thing wrong with them and they show the same pressure as Win 209 in the same loads from pressure tested sources.

Boolit Master
    new primed cheddite hulls are less than 1x fire AAs and last alot longer
    Plus are easier to load
    40 years thinking nothing was as good as AA hulls until using fiocchi and cheddite

burn up the 209s in 12 or 20 then switch to cheddite for all hulls

The nice thing about loading the new-primed hulls from Cheddite or Fiocchi is that the only tools you need to load them are a scale a wooden dowel and a roll crimping device. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys you made a believer out of me. Now who is the best supplier of Cheddite or Fiocchi as primed hulls all I can find is a 100 here and there?

BPI " Ballistic Products" is a supplier of such and much more. Gp www.ballisticproducts.com

Boolit Master
    Go to your skeet club and ask around. We buy in volume as a club, once a month. Probably pays my club dues every year just in component cost savings, example is no hazmat fee. Generally we buy at about 15% discount as well. I buy a flat of Fiocchi every now and then. Son shoots them in a tourney and we then have a new batch of hulls. They do last well, I took two pairs and loaded till failure, load shoot load.. First one failed at the 8th reload upon firing. All failed by 10. They were pretty ratty by 6, but fine for practice.

Boolit Master
    graf and sons also

cheddite load 10 times and throw out could do more iam sure crimp still looking good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast