Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: 12 GA sleeve for a 10 ga

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

12 GA sleeve for a 10 ga

Does anyone know if they make a 12 GA sleeve converter for a 10 ga.

Could one make one or they considered unsafe?

Thanks for the help
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Back in the 70's or so, I remember seeing them briefly advertised for shotguns.
    It probably wasn't really practical, they seemed to be on and off the market fairly quickly.

A chamber insert would end at a big barrel opening. Your groups with a smaller shell wouldn't be very tight.
    A insert for the entire barrel, wouldn't be cost effective, it'd need to be trimmed/fitted, and would be sort of fragile when not installed.

Some one wrote about them and said if you think a open cylinder pattern is big, wait till you see a 16 or 20 guage fired from a 12.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I have not used one but here they are. They have positive reviews you can track down online and come in a variety of gauges.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOTGUN-GAU...MAAOSwjVVVpG7o

Search Ebay and gunbroker for chamber inserts. I have a pair in an 1890 10ga SxS but they are for 20ga. One of the brands was lil skeeters, there are or were others.

BB

Boolit Master
    I have played around with 28 to 20 ga and they work fairly well, brand was little skeeters. 410 in 28ga wasn’t too bad but I would not hunt with that, 410 in 12ga was useless. 20 in a 12 breaks skeet targets. I suspect your 12 to 10ga would be similar to the effect of 28 in 20, fairly decent on clay targets, ok on rabbits or preserve birds, and useless with buckshot or slugs.
    Briley makes some short tubes, 10 inches I think, Sidekick 2.0. My son has a set for his 12ga Blaser and they preform well on skeet, even the 410. After some studying, gaugemate makes/ made a 10 to 12 chamber adapter, but the bores are so close they are split, like a split bushing. A 10 to 20ga with 10 inch barrel would work well. I shoot some skeet with a full choked Superposed using some 16 inch 20 ga short tubes, pattern looks like a lite modified, loses about 1 degree of choke. Below is link to shotgun world discussion specific to 10:12 use.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=171415
    Last edited by rking22; 01-22-2020 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Did some more research.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos