WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 32 Long Colt ?

Boolit Master

32 Long Colt ?

Another question for the 32 caliber aficionados.
    A while back I met a young gent at the range. He had inherited and wanted to tryout his grandfather’s 32 Long Colt revolver. The story was his ancestor had carried said pistol during the Great War. He had found a half box of mixed HS (R-P & W-W) ammo locally, for the criminal price of $75.00 or $3 per round. He shot 20 rounds and gave me the empty brass and the remaining loaded rounds. The person that sold him the ammo said he could order more for $100 / box.
    I did a search and apparently Buffalo Arms sell reloaded 32 Long Colt ammo (from “reformed cases”) for about $100 / box.
    Does any other company sell 32 Long Colt brass? Starline doesn’t.
    Is it possible to “reform” 32 Long Colt from 32 S&W Long brass. The only difference I can detect visually is the Colt case is slightly smaller diameter than the S&W. Other research indicates the LC doesn’t come close to the accuracy of the S&W-L.
    I feel I’m being inexplicably sucked into the All Things 32 Vortex. Is there a cure.

Boolit Buddy
    32 Long Colt is an expensive round to shoot/handload.

The best deal on 32 Long Colt brass I’ve found is the buffalo arms Reformed 32S&W long cases.

I recently ordered 200 of them for $128.00 plus shipping and was glad to get it at that price.

This is after losing two back to back auctions on gunbroker for 2 different lots of NOS 32 Long Colt unprimed never loaded brass (200 cases in each lot).

They went for nearly 400 dollars per lot (almost 2 bucks apiece for the brass cases).

Edited to add:

I shoot my 32 Long Colt out of a couple of Marlin Model 92 lever guns and buy my Bullets from a guy on gunbroker with the handle tenmile.

He offers reformed 32 S&W Long brass for use in the 32 Colt as well. I’ve used his brass and have had no complaints.

Gratuitous Marlin M92 pics:

Last edited by ATCDoktor; 01-22-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

I've been looking for 32 LC brass for a long time. I've even checked out of the way one man gun places to see if they might have a box squirreled away but nothing. Holding out for original vs reworked. Good luck

Boolit Grand Master
    Have you tried Old Western Scrounger? I would expect him to have it(???) I bought some NOS 32 Long Colt in the old yellow Winchester boxes from a local hardware wholesaler back in the early '70s when I had my 1892 Marlin. Wish I'd never sold it!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I fell in love with 32 Colt some years back. Picked up 2 really nice Colts at really good prices because the owners couldn't find ammunition any longer. On the left is a 1910 Police Positive and on the right is a "transitional" New Pocket/Pocket Positive. They are fine shooters. I haunted gun shows, yard sales and country stores for my ammo supply. I don't shoot them often but I do shoot them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0088.jpg