WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxPBcastcoReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Shout out to Mihec (and DHL)

Boolit Buddy

Shout out to Mihec (and DHL)

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but... Late Thursday night (Texas time) I ordered a new mould from MP. It was on my doorstep Monday morning. This is not my first MP mold, so I had planned on waiting a bit for it to wing its way across the Atlantic. As always, YMMV - mine has, I think depending on who is working the counter at customs that day, but holy cow. I have never received a mould that quickly when ordering domestically, let alone from a third of the planet away.

It goes without saying - but I'm going to anyway - that the workmanship on the mould itself is second to none.

Boolit Master
    DHL is really taking over.

Post office prices have skyrocketed and delivery times are ridiculous. It takes me a month and $40-50 to get a mold from USA using USPS. I don't know why most Ebay sellers insist on USPS. Often the mold costs less than shipping.

For the same shipping price of 2 lbs mold I can get 20 lbs of alloy from Rotometals in a few days via DHL.

About Mihec molds,well,they are very,very good.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is surprising to me. A few years back, in my old neck of the woods, DHL stood for “Delivery? Hardly likely”. The horror stories abound. Mid-delivered, lost, returned “Address unknown”: back in the mid 2000’s they were awful. It got to the point that I would not order from anyone using them.
    I guess they finally got their ducks in order here in the USA. I have heard that they have been very good in Europe for many years.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    DHL has been delivering stuff to me from Japan in about 3 business days from placing my orders... Not shooty stuff, just knives. Really nice ones, though.

https://japanesechefsknife.com/colle...t-carbon-steel

And a big +1 on Mihec moulds, I've got half a dozen of them now. When I ordered those, it took at least 2 weeks due to his nation's postal system/USPS moving a bit leisurely.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."