Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Primer Dilemmas

Shipping Primer Dilemmas

I need to sell off a lot of extra primers
    But my problem is HOW difficult will it be to ship??
    If I where to place them here in the For Sale, Would the hazmat make it unsalable?
    Sorry for the question if it’s readily known
    I don’t know it!
    Please leave this as is, so I don’t cause posting issues.

If they are sellable I will make a post What I have in the appropriate Forum

Thanks
    Tom

You could sell them as a "local" sale....face to face.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I've bought off craigslist. Been fortunate that all have been winners.

Boolit Grand Master
    You cannot realistically ship primers or powder legally.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus
    The only way you can ship primers that I know of is to seat each one in a case and sell as primed brass. Then you can ship them Fed Ex with a ORM-D sticker and no hazmat fee.

Boolit Master
    First you have to become a hazmat shipper through the dept of transportation. You can take the class online. Then you have to sign up with the shipping companies as such. Then you have to have all of the correct labels . Etc......
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Don't forget the 365/24/7 hazmat emergency response phone line you need too.

BB

I wish you were close! But I think offering what you have for sale here and doing the sale face to face is your best option.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Thanks for the sad info
    I truly mean Thanks
    I will try Craiglists hopefully get rid of some
    I only have about 100,000 or so
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    There are members here that are close to you, probably worth posting an ad here, just specify FTF.

I’ll be in Destin in a couple weeks, but that’s as close as I get to you.

Good luck

Boolit Master

Can you take them into a Gun Show? I guess you would have to get a table and Man it till they were gone. Craigs list can be problematic for " gun stuff" and there are busy bodies who flag items they don't like , but it could work maybe. I have been contemplating putting up an ad on the board at my gun club for trading some large rifle primers that I have for some Large pistol which I am running out of. This is the dark side of hoarding.

Another thought.... You might save them till after the next election and possibly cash in then. It is speculating on a bad outcome but even the dark clouds can have a silver lining, though perhaps tarnished a bit.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 01-22-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Moderator Emeritus

List them in castboolits S&S as a FTF sale only...you never know if a member is close by.

I have made a few FTF powder sales myself via castboolits, and meetup at a Gunshow or something.
    It's nothing for me to make a 3 hour drive (one way) to visit a new-to-me Gunshow (especially if it is reported to be the kind of Gunshow that suits me), but I surely wouldn't kill a whole day of driving for "ONLY" a primer purchase...that's my 2¢
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    There is an internet resource called Armslist that is like a craigs list for shooting stuff.
    I sold a scope there and bought a lot of reloading components there. It costs nothing to use.
    Just be sure to meet strangers in a secure location.

https://www.armslist.com/
    EDG

Boolit Master

Here in VA we have a site oriented just for in-state sales of firearm goodies. May be something similar there. Ours may disappear after Gov. Blackface finishes with us.

I have never been able to find reloading stuff on Craigs list.

ACC

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe you can advertise at your local gun club or range. Maybe on Craigslist, your local paper of something like Facebook swapshop. You might advertise them here and say "face to face".

A few years ago I got a table at a local gun show and sold a bunch of stuff. It ate up a weekend but was kind of enjoyable. I found out that you have to price your stuff to move or you will just sit there.

Boolit Master
    I've met folks from this site to buy or sell reloading and gun parts FTF. I've also used Craigslist and Armslist to do the same. I've been fortunate that the folks were accommodating and all the transactions went smoothly. A very public place works best. Good Luck with your sale.

Boolit Master

I was at a gun show recently. I bought some primers from a guy who had a bunch of them: piles of bricks and a stack of sleeves under the table. He was selling them for $20 per brick. This was a Saturday afternoon and he said he had already sold a LOT that morning.

Moderator Emeritus

Go for the gun show route. Rent a table and have a fair price. You may get a few decent guns in trade.
    Around here the average table rent is $40 and you need to spend the weekend there. Get a friend you trust to watch the table for your breaks.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Go for the gun show route. Rent a table and have a fair price. You may get a few decent guns in trade.
    Around here the average table rent is $40 and you need to spend the weekend there. Get a friend you trust to watch the table for your breaks.
    +1 ...my suggestion also.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast