Inline FabricationADvertise hereRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Saeco 453

  1. #1
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,726

    Saeco 453

    I have been using the SAECO 453, 240 grain full wadcutter, in a variety of S&W ACP revolvers. From the 1917s it is loaded to about 850 fps. In more modern revolvers, a bit hotter.

    Anyone else like the full WC boolit in the ACP revolver?

    Kevin
    Last edited by StrawHat; 01-20-2020 at 11:00 PM.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

    I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

    Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

  2. #2
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    563
    I do!

    I do not have a Mold for the SAECO 453 but I used to buy them ready cast and Load them.

    They worked very nicely in some of my Cap & Ball .44s also.

    Here's a fun image showing .45 Colt in a 'converted' S & W 2nd Model Hand ejector, which was originally in .455 Webley.

    I do not remember now what Bullet this is, but it was close to .455 and all meplat, with some Lube Grooves.

    Hosted on Fotki
    Last edited by Oyeboten; 01-21-2020 at 02:31 AM.

  3. #3
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Avery, Texas
    Posts
    516
    I like the looks of that...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    dgilbert07 at windstream dot net

  4. #4
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Looks like you used the chambers as the mold!

    Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

    I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

    Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Some of my ACP revolvers. One or another of the 4” revolvers is my EDC.

    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6C1FF7D5-1E31-4617-A2FC-5450A747D371.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	255139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42742FAE-694A-44C2-82C6-DEDAF3B3B644.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	255140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5831D18-495B-4D4E-ACA1-FB970231215C.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	255141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E15CA550-A099-4407-A313-29CE7696C85D.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	255142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AF3AC41-2531-409E-95E5-137BE28713F8.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	255143  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B86FF004-C0E9-42BC-9FF0-F3B3380BB51F.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	255144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D360821-ABF2-4763-B644-5FA3B11493D5.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	255145  
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

    I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

    Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

  6. #6
    Boolit Master Thumbcocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,824
    Drool
    You'll go far providin' you ain't burnt alive or scalped."

    Will Geer as Bear Claw in "Jeramiah Johnson"

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    517
    What’s the blued target model with the 4” tapered barrel & stag magnas?

    I have a 25-2 and just bought a tapered 1950 target barrel (pre-Model 26) on another forum that I’m going to have installed. I might decide to have it cut for a holster gun, but want to see how it shoots before going to that expense.

    I haven’t used it yet, but recently bought a .45 HBWC M&P mould in a group buy.

  8. #8
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    What’s the blued target model with the 4” tapered barrel & stag magnas?

    I have a 25-2 and just bought a tapered 1950 target barrel (pre-Model 26) on another forum that I’m going to have installed. I might decide to have it cut for a holster gun, but want to see how it shoots before going to that expense.

    I haven’t used it yet, but recently bought a .45 HBWC M&P mould in a group buy.
    That is a M28-2 I reworked into a 45 ACP. I was a LEO and wanted something more than a 38+P. 4”, ACP revolvers were not being made at that time and the old ones were big money. Redoing a 28-2 was a good work around.

    I am curious about that mold. Tell me about it please.

    If you haven’t shot your 25-2 yet, lots of folks say they are more accurate than the 26.

    As far as the idea of the holster piece, consider the Mountain Gun or the 22-4. Both are about as accurate as my 25-2 and carry nicely.

    Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

    I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

    Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post
    That is a M28-2 I reworked into a 45 ACP. I was a LEO and wanted something more than a 38+P. 4”, ACP revolvers were not being made at that time and the old ones were big money. Redoing a 28-2 was a good work around.

    I am curious about that mold. Tell me about it please.

    If you haven’t shot your 25-2 yet, lots of folks say they are more accurate than the 26.

    As far as the idea of the holster piece, consider the Mountain Gun or the 22-4. Both are about as accurate as my 25-2 and carry nicely.

    Kevin
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-Mold-453-395

    Miha might still have some.

    I have a 625 PC as what I call a “field gun”, but I dig tapered-barrel S&Ws.

    Mountain guns are too damned expensive.

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-Mold-453-395

    Miha might still have some.

    I have a 625 PC as what I call a “field gun”, but I dig tapered-barrel S&Ws.

    Mountain guns are too damned expensive.
    Thank you for the link.

    Regarding the MG or any revolver, patience pays off. I got all of them for good deals. Maybe not the first ones I saw but by waiting, the right one showed up.

    Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

    I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

    Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check