Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: 5943 SSV vs. NY LEO Qualification

Boolit Buddy

5943 SSV vs. NY LEO Qualification

For those of you following this series, here's a course from the Empire State. I hope you enjoy the video!

Howard

https://youtu.be/yvjc1KFGt3k

Boolit Grand Master
    Can't disagree with a word you said. This course isn't even as good as the old PPC course. It is just a quick course for rudimentary testing of basic firearms skills. Now, add time limits to the 3 yard and 7 yard "2x3" phases, start all phases from the leather, move to cover at 15 or 25 yards and trim the times on the reloads by 5 seconds, or even 10 at the 15 and 25 yard phases, and it becomes useful.

Once again, I am envious of that fine old S&W, I have a 6906 and a 39-2, but they are DA/SA. I never got to try a DAO Smith before they went to the plastic frames.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Can't disagree with a word you said. This course isn't even as good as the old PPC course. It is just a quick course for rudimentary testing of basic firearms skills. Now, add time limits to the 3 yard and 7 yard "2x3" phases, start all phases from the leather, move to cover at 15 or 25 yards and trim the times on the reloads by 5 seconds, or even 10 at the 15 and 25 yard phases, and it becomes useful.

Once again, I am envious of that fine old S&W, I have a 6906 and a 39-2, but they are DA/SA. I never got to try a DAO Smith before they went to the plastic frames.
    If you ever get lost and find yourself in north-central Ohio, give me a yell and I'll let you shoot it!

Howard

Boolit Grand Master
    I'll do it.
    I must say that I will be sad when the nation runs out of states for you to shoot the qualifications of. I am really enjoying this series.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Ha, ha! There's always rifle and shotgun quals!

Howard