RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow... New Savage anybody!!!

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wow... New Savage anybody!!!

Check out this sweetheart!!!! anybody ever try one of these out???

I want one!!!!

marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

I want one now too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

Safety is in the worst possible spot.

Boolit Master
    Na, I'll pass.

Looks like an american version of my A400.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

At that price point I will pass also. Remington 1100, 1187 will do the same thing(maybe a little slower) but I am not that interested in speed in a shotgun. I could get enough speed from my Remington 870 to shoot skeet or at least when I was younger I could and did a few times, just to prove to a couple of doubters that the 870 was up to the task. I would like to see 5 man sized targets set up at say 50 feet and see if this guy can hit them within the "1 second" that is claimed. Any semi auto that sells for over $1000.00 will never see my gun rack. just my .02, james

Boolit Master
    The video is pure BS. I shot shotgun speed events for a good number of years and I've seen shooters like Tom Knapp shoot events shooting a variety of shotguns. The fastest shotgun for speed events, believe it or not, it a pump in a trick shooters hands. I've seen Tom Knapp throw eight (8) clay targets into the air with his left hand and hit them all before they hit the ground using a Benelli shotgun. I've owned a dozen Benelli shotguns and several more Beretta shotguns and none of them were slow enough to fail to cycle when I was shooting speed events. Tom Knapp told me that even he couldn't shoot faster than any of his Benelli or Beretta shotguns. He said "if I can't do it, you can't either". Can't ague with the man. I wouldn't even think of buying a shotgun made by Savage that cost in the same price range of a Benelli or a Beretta....or even a Browning. The "B" guns are all outstanding and they are probably worth the price (at least I think they are, depending on what you're using them for). Another nod to the B guns is durability. I shot several hundred thousand rounds over a ten year period and never wore one out. Time will tell how the Savage does, but I'm not expecting it to make a dent in the B gun market. If they're hanging their hat on "speed" they haven't got anything to hang it on. I can guarantee you can't out speed shoot any auto if Mr. Knapp couldn't. Google Tom Knapp and get an education on speed shooting a shotgun. He's passed now, but he was quite a showman besides being a fantastic trick shot.

Boolit Master
    Winchester puts their saftey on the rear of the trigger guard. Remington on the front of the trigger guard. Mossberg on the top of the reciever. Where is this horrid place that savage places its saftey?

Boolit Buddy
    the camo turns me off, id end up loosing it in the woods
    Ill stick to my Ithica 37 as if i wanted or needed too it slam fires ANYTHING as fast as i can rack it

USMC 77, USRA 79

has anybody actually shot one of these???

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Winchester puts their saftey on the rear of the trigger guard. Remington on the front of the trigger guard. Mossberg on the top of the reciever. Where is this horrid place that savage places its saftey?
    The rear of the trigger guard. Remington puts theirs there too. Absolute worst possible safety design in existence. It's hard to reach, and it gets knocked back on when shooting. It's not as big of a problem for a right handed shooter, but still not ideal.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Safety is in the worst possible spot.

Why would they do that? Stupid,,,,,,.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

Why would they do that? Stupid,,,,,,.
    I know. You could put it on the front side of the trigger guard. It can be in front of the trigger guard. It could be on the side of the gun. It could be on top like Mossberg, but that's just too sensible. There really is not a worse spot to put a safety than tucked up tight at the rear of the trigger guard, and right where your finger goes if you are left handed.

Boolit Bub
    I need the ACCuTriGgER

Boolit Master
    Nope, zero interest, over priced piece of plastic. cycling speed is a total non issue. Balance and natural point ability are important shotgun features. Takes time to reaquire the target, that is if you care more about hitting things than making noise. Same with slamfire, not going to hit with that second shot unless really big target really close. Now I don’t see the issue with safety position, never had an issue with that location on 870s, well proven and familiar position. Worst possible position, naw check out the widomaker on auto 5 design, inside the trigger guard!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

I think I'll pass too! The only safety worse is the older Rem M11 inside the front of trigger guard, even the Stevens/savage 320 pump had the safety in front of the trigger guard not rear, I want mine under my thumb.
    Charter Member #148

USMC 77, USRA 79

i dont mind the safety position being an 870 guy.. i do like he adjustability of the gun... and was hoping that somebody here might have had the opportunity to actually shoot one... the video talked about the reduction of recoil and ability to cycle just about any shell reliably.. i do fantasize about a 12g semi auto that cycles everything, is adjustable for fit, able to remain close to target, and is point-able. shooting fast is just for fun....

Boolit Grand Master

You'd make a great tester , let us know!
    Charter Member #148

My old Beretta AL391 Urika will cycle faster than I can pull a trigger. Best money I ever spent on an autoloading shotgun. Gp

Boolit Bub
    Ill let a few thousand others try out a brand new $1500 shotgun. My 1100s work just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast