Quote Originally Posted by David LaPell View Post
The gun isn't a percussion sharps, it's in .50-70 like Shiloh still offers now. This gun is like the original carbines that were re-chambered from percussion carbines from 1859 and 1863.
Right.
Thanks for making that clear but did understand it is a cartridge rifle and suspected it had to be a replica cartridge rifle conversion from your first post. What started my reply, was the "1863" paired with "50-70". I was never interested in the percussion model Shiloh's, at least not enough to remember if they made a copy of a conversion Sharps as well as their regular percussion model. As a replica, it occupies an interesting sub-model. I'm primarily a match shooter that is interested in all old rifles. My one time match shooting partner 20 years ago had a large collection of original civil war firearms and we shot his two conversion Sharps from time to time as well as the percussion Sharps. They are fun to get to shoot, for sure!

I think that if this particular well made Shiloh model rifle does it for you, ...and it looks to be a nice rifle/carbine and the price is right, you should jump on it. The 50-1.75" as has been said, is an easy one to load for and is fun to shoot. I also have a rifle chambered for 5-2.5" (50-90 SS) and for 99% of the shooting I do with it the 50-70 Gov. would have been more than enough gun. I can load the 50-90 to be pleasant to shoot so it is not a problem either.
Dies are the only possible problem with the smaller 0.508 barrels.

Should you end up with the rifle please post some pictures of the action area from a few angles. I for one would be interested in seeing how Shiloh did it.
I hope you buy it.