Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Stevens Maynard jr

Boolit Master

Stevens Maynard jr

Well guys,

I admit I am powerless over old "boys guns". I found a Stevens Maynard jr and had to have the silly thing. It locks up tight and seems to be in good shape for a 100+ year old boys gun. My problem is that it has a broken firing pin. Here is a drawing of the workings of the rifle. The firing pin look to be similar to the pins used in other Stevens rifles and also the tip up pistols. I have found several online vendors who sell the pins for old Stevens however none of them give the dimensions. Any of you fine folks know where I can get a new firing pin?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Buddy
    It looks like a pretty simple firing pin. Do you have the ability to make one?

That firing pin is so simple you can make one with a file and a drill press, or even a hand drill held in a vice.

I feel yer pain. Got near 2 dozen boys' rifles now, but no Maynard Junior, (yet). Do you have the stub of the old one? It's possible to drill into it and install a bit of a drill shank or music wire to repair it.
    Cognitive Dissident

What he said ^^^^^^^^^. I once had a Stevens side lever Crackshot that I made a firing pin for from a drill bit and a dremel grinder ,the drill bit chucked upside down in a drill press and dremel hand held .

Jedman

Boolit Master

I guess I'm going to make one. I'm in the middle of redoing the kitchen and the job boss (swmbo) doesn't want to give me any time off!
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.