Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: DILLON, RUGER, And Triggershims.com...THANK you!

Boolit Master

Thumbs up DILLON, RUGER, And Triggershims.com...THANK you!

Wellll...my old Dillon Eliminator scale started acting wonky. Inaccurate, not repeatable, etc. Called Dillon, and followed what the Rep. suggested....no joy! I mailed it in, and they determined it was unrepairable, and sent me a brand new one! I opened it up...lo and behold it was a bit wonky, too. The leveling screw jacked the aft end up so far, you could almost drive a truck under!

So, after watching Fortune Cookie 45, and another fellow on YouTube, I spent a half-hour calibrating my new scale. The weight/pan holder contained what looked like buckshot and floor sweepings, which was quickly replaced with USA #9 and 12 shot! Success! Now accurate to a gnat's fanny (.01 gr. or less) with my check weights and a 53 gr. bullet .

After replacing the factory 12 lb latch/trigger return spring with Wolff's 10 lb. unit, The single-action Trigger pull on my Match Champion was a beautiful 2 3/4 lbs....a little low for my comfort level, especially shooting with gloves. So, I replaced the Ruger 12 lb (?) factory spring, hoping to raise the pull to a personally comfortable level.

While attempting to reinstall the Pawl, I goofed! The plunger and spring LAUNCHED! (Showin's better'n tellin') Nose to the carpet, flashlight in hand,. sweep the floor...nope! Anyhoo, a call to Ruger and a conversation with a nice lady...when I explained what had happened, she sort of giggled, and said "I understand that happens on a frequent basis!"
    ;The result: a new plunger and spring and a new Hammer Shim coming free of charge! Not the first time I have had similar experience with mother Ruger!

While the gun was apart, I decided to reshim the hammer. The little washers are forever getting lost, or stuck in some unreachable corner of the inner workings. I measured both washers after I finally found them, and found one to be .003" and the other .0046". HMMMM... Soooo..I ordered one of Triggershims.com's Hammer and Trigger shim pack. I got the receipt, and thought I had ordered the wrong size, but Lance researched it and reassured me that the proper shims were on the way!

Now, for those of you who have stuck with me this far...thanks! These things all happened within a 24 hour period! A person doesn't really expect that level of service from many companies, especially the large ones, where my orders seldom reach the ""free shipping" level. I have no relationship with any of them, except for being a very satisfied customer!

Banned
    My experience with Dillon has been their stuff rarely breaks but if it does, their service is top notch.
    Triggershims.com . (Michigan Center Outdoors) is also a first class outfit. They are my first, and often only, stop when seeking shims/springs.
    Ruger is another great company. The quality of their assembly has regrettably slipped on occasions but their customer service is great.

And while we're at it; I've had good experience with MidwayUSA, Redding, RCBS, Eagle grips and Don Hume leather.

About a year ago I was attempting to purchase a specific style of holster from Don Hume Leathergoods. Their website was a bit wonky and I was having problems confirming I was ordering the holster I was seeking. I called and got a real person in Miami, Oklahoma. I gave up on the internet and just told her what I was attempting to purchase. I told her the problem I was having and what I was seeking. I don't think she was even involved in sales at that company but she stopped what she was doing and made sure my single item order was correct. That's customer service folks.