MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Mernickle Holsters: Great Customer Service

Mernickle Holsters: Great Customer Service

I got a Mernickle holster for my SR1911 OM (9mm). I really like the design...….perfect for CC. The workmanship is top drawer, but I experienced a small problem drawing.

The shorter slide (3.6 bbl.) had about 2/3rds. of the ejection port covered & the forward edge of the ejection port created drag with a conventional draw. If I tilted the gun to the rear slightly it was no problem. I chamfered the forward edge of the ejection port slightly, but this didn't help much.

To make a long story short, I emailed Mernickle and Annette in CS was great. I emailed some photos & she did not hesitate to tell me to return that holster & they'd make me a new one. I suggested that I'd be happy with the original holster If they could alter it: possibly exposing the entire ejection port.

Annette responded to my emails promptly & courteously. In my opinion their customer service is up there with Ruger & Dillon.

Henry

Boolit Master
    I’ve used Mernickle leather goods for at least 10 years. I have never been disappointed with one of their products.

I own five Mernickle holsters (3 for my Ruger single actions, 2 for my Ruger double actions) and am nothing short of 100% pleased. In my book, Mernickle is the bar that all my other holsters are judged.

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't own any Mernickle leather personally, but friends in Cowboy Fast Draw Association that have them swear by them. I believe a couple of the rigs I tried out at introductory shoots were from Mernickle, but really can't speak from personal experience. Looks like if I stick with CFDA activities, I may have to give them a look.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

An update on Mernickle customer service:

I returned that holster & according to USPS tracking it arrived @ Mernickle on 01/30. It arrived back to me today properly altered & it now works like a charm.

Considering the weekend & transit time to get it back to me, this is amazing service.

I've always considered Ruger & Dillon tied for 1st. place for CS, but Mernickle just edged them out.

Henry

Boolit Master

That is good service, and I am a fan of their holsters as well.