MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yuma, AZ.

Boolit Master

I did a Jeep trip out to the Fortuna mine and had a blast. Hundreds of old abandoned mines in the area. I love exploring in the desert, though the desert around the Prescott area is prettier and has more interesting geology. Still, we were able to go out and find an old mine site and find discarded cans and tobacco tins from 100 years ago.

Attachment 255318

Attachment 255319
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

One mine we found was sealed off, but not before someone with a sense of humor set up a display...

Attachment 255320

Attachment 255321
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    Proximity to Yuma and Quartzsite keeps life in Kalifornistan tolerable. We go to--shop at--and stay in Yuma at least once a month, all year long. Marie and I are both desert rats, and don't mind the heat at all. Heat drives the snowbirds back to the Rust Belt, where they belong.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Proximity to Yuma and Quartzsite keeps life in Kalifornistan tolerable. We go to--shop at--and stay in Yuma at least once a month, all year long. Marie and I are both desert rats, and don't mind the heat at all. Heat drives the snowbirds back to the Rust Belt, where they belong.
    Why do you hate other older people that are retired? I didn't realize that there was something wrong with other conservatives who chose to winter in Yuma.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Why do you hate other older people that are retired? I didn't realize that there was something wrong with other conservatives who chose to winter in Yuma.
    It's a give and take. In the summer, all those southern hippies triple our states population to fish our lakes. Now that winter is here, I can fish alone without those desert rats.

Boolit Master

I guess it's similar to college students and my hatred of them. I grew up in a small college town that triples in size during the school year. During the summer, when most of them are back home, traffic is better, no lines at every business, less crime, etc. I imagine the sheer number of folks that swell Yuma in the winter can be pretty negative on those things; except for crime, I would hope.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I guess it's similar to college students and my hatred of them. I grew up in a small college town that triples in size during the school year. During the summer, when most of them are back home, traffic is better, no lines at every business, less crime, etc. I imagine the sheer number of folks that swell Yuma in the winter can be pretty negative on those things; except for crime, I would hope.
    Traffic, congestion, and some with attitudes. Still, they bring a lot of money into the area, and I'm sure that many small businesses would fold up without that revenue.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12