Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: 7.92 x 33 Kurtz

Boolit Master

7.92 x 33 Kurtz

I was looking to do an AR in a different chambering than 223/5.56. So I pulled up the list of options for an AR and noticed 7.92x 33 Kurtz. My partner says no the brass is to hard to find and too expensive can it be formed from something common? I haven't looked at the chamber/brass prints but uses the same bolt face as 06/308 ect ect. Can it be that easy?

Boolit Buddy

I load this caliber alot, and no it isnt that Easy, do you have the bolt for the NATO rim? Get a 7.62x39 barrel and bolt, as it is almost identical in performance and the components are at least 10 times easier to get.

The Kurz round is neat in the Stg44, but not one I would choose to intentionally build a rifle around. FWIW.

Boolit Master
    I have no parts but a lower, just looking and you have answered my question. thank you! I will keep looking!!!!

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    It's nothing but a 8x57 thats an inch shorter.
    You will need to ream the necks after forming.

Boolit Mold

Boolit Master

If you have to get another bolt for your carrier, and want something different, why not try the 6.5 Grendel?

I have a Grendel upper on one of my AR's and I really like it. Great range and good power for deer, hogs, etc.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Thought about this ages ago before brass was available just reform 22,6 or 7 mm brench rest brass.

Boolit Master
    Yes ive always wanted to try a Grendel. It has to be the best round for the AR platform there is beside the 223. I was sure buy this time the US armed forces would be shooting the Grendel or something very close to it. My only reason for not having one already is loosing the very expensive brass. Is there any other option than Lapua brass? A friend built an upper in 6 br several years back but it was way more difficult then and i am not sure that it is as good a fit to the action as the Grendel.

Boolit Buddy
    There are multiple companies making reloadable Grendel ammo. It can also be made by resizing small rifle primed 7.62x39 brass. The problem right now is finding either of those. I helped my brother build a Grendel AR. He didn’t listen to me when I told him to stock up on ammo two years ago and now he can’t find ammo anywhere. I have a bag full of small primed Remington x39 ready to convert for him but he never bought the dies.

Something about leading a horse to water...