RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingPBcastcoTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooray! I'm Powder coating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by remy3424 View Post
    Awesome! Any idea of the humidity level when you were PCing? I am waiting for low levels. In the house is 30-40%, but the garage where I do my work is now at least 50% now. I just am waiting for then best conditons to give this a try. I have an exhaust fan in my basement, are the fumes too much for curing in the home?
    I would consider anything under 65% low humidity.

Boolit Master

I have PC’d many times in 100% humidity out side. It’s doesn’t prevent the ability to powder
    Coat. It just makes the creation of static electricity more difficult.

I PC’d about six batches yesterday in a snow storm. Well out side it was a snow storm. But my garage door was open about 6” and the back door completely open.

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    One thing I have noticed fighting humidity for all these years is some powders do better than others when the humidity gets high. If humidity is 50% or lower you shouldn't have a problem. During the summer I will be running the AC, so that drops the humidity.

I can get a good coating in higher humid conditions than most because I use a modified tumbler that doesn't get tired of shaking and can keep 6 pounds of bullets hammering away for as long as I choose to let it run. If the humidity is above 70% a pre-heat of the bullets below 140 degrees will give me a good coating. If I am coating hollow points they are sprayed nose down set on my "Bed of Nails", preheated to 300 degrees before spray. The powder flows on contact, then after they cool I do a full cure. I learned this trick from watching professionals spraying bike frames. Nice thing is you get to see the results immediately. Also after it cools it can be handled and since it is a partial cure other powders of effects can be added.

Banned
    If you tried the shake and bake method in Wisconsin in the summer you might agree with those of us who have had difficulty in the 100% humidity at 80°F.
    https://electrostaticsolutions.blogs...-humidity.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12