Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingPBcastco
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooray! I'm Powder coating

Hooray! I'm Powder coating

The mailman delivered a package from Smoke this morning. I'm loving it. Had to run a test batch right off using ASBBs shake and bake style. Not bad for a first try.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0117201354a_Film1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	254944
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0117201421a_Film1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	254948

Name:	0117201421_Film1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	254945

Name:	0117201421b_Film1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	254946

Name:	0117201434a_Film1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	254947
    Still have to give them the smash test and size, but so far, I'm happy.

Boolit Master
    Way better than not bad. Excellent! The darkest ones,is that a black or dark blue?
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Quote Originally Posted by slide View Post
    Way better than not bad. Excellent! The darkest ones,is that a black or dark blue?
    Smoke's black.

Boolit Master

They look FIRST CLASS!!

Enjoy it’s a fun and rewarding process.

I PC nearly 100% of my cast. I have even been PC’ing others bullets for them. My buddy that got ME STARTED with PC now ONLY has me PC for him.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Bases look good and they passed the smash test.

Name:	0117201434a_Film1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	254950

Name:	0117201515_Film1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	254951

Just playing now.

Name:	0117201539_Film1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	254955

Boolit Master

its amazing how easy and full proof it is when you use quality powder that is proven to tumble coat
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Those look great. It's good you started with good powder. I started with HF Red and only use smokes now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

And down the rabbit hole he falls.

At light speed. I just happen to have an old Winchester 94 in 30-30........who knows.

"not bad for a first try." Are you kidding me?? Those look fantastic! Very well done, man, congrats! I'd been PC'ing for a long time before I ever got results that looked as nice.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Banned
    If others are reading this thread and are tentative about trying powder coat... What is to be afraid of? The worst that can happen is you melt the boolits down and start over. That's double the fun. It's a cannot lose situation.
    In response to those beautiful boolits... Keep them away from kids...they look too much like candy to me. Makes me want to start chewing on one. hahahaha

Boolit Master
    I would say how good they look, but that's been covered well enough.

I love Smokes powder and the colors (get some clear and mix it in!), but also take a look at Prismatic Powders. Wow, what a selection and not expensive.

Boolit Master

Very nice. Don't be afraid to go simple when you want to ramp up the volume. I shake with no BBs, and bake in a (shallow) pile. Boolits look great with only minimal contact spots, and shoot great!

I don't PC, but your boolits make me consider diving in (especially the Smokes Black).

Boolit Master
    I would tell you they look great, but you already know that.

What I can tell you is you are about to find so many great things about PC bullets that lube just can't acheive. One little known fact is PC bullets will make you a lot more popular at the shooting range. It is really pretty simple just load up a bunch of your pretty bullets making sure the cases are bright and shiny. Then go to you local shooting range when it's busy, for my gun club that is the weekends.

When you get there unload your bags and get your gear set up, then look around for the best looking young ladies at the range; at my age that's all of them. When you spot some you would like to visit with, put a handful of your best looking bullets in your pocket. Walk over to the young ladies and once you have made eye contact simply say, "What color bullets do you shoot?" Now that you have their attention pull out your pretty bullets and they will take the conversation from there. Of course if you had coated some pink ones it would be even better.

Now this is a huge asset for those that powder coat and something those that grease bullets simply cannot do. I can assure you if a luber walks over to a group of young ladies, gains eye contact and says, "What kind of Lube do you use?", it will not elicit the same reaction. And remember they already have a gun!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonheart View Post
    i would tell you they look great, but you already know that.

What i can tell you is you are about to find so many great things about pc bullets that lube just can't acheive. One little known fact is pc bullets will make you a lot more popular at the shooting range. It is really pretty simple just load up a bunch of your pretty bullets making sure the cases are bright and shiny. Then go to you local shooting range when it's busy, for my gun club that is the weekends.

When you get there unload your bags and get your gear set up, then look around for the best looking young ladies at the range; at my age that's all of them. When you spot some you would like to visit with, put a handful of your best looking bullets in your pocket. Walk over to the young ladies and once you have made eye contact simply say, "what color bullets do you shoot?" now that you have their attention pull out your pretty bullets and they will take the conversation from there. Of course if you had coated some pink ones it would be even better.

Now this is a huge asset for those that powder coat and something those that grease bullets simply cannot do. I can assure you if a luber walks over to a group of young ladies, gains eye contact and says, "what kind of lube do you use?", it will not elicit the same reaction. And remember they already have a gun!
    brilliant!

Boolit Master
    Awesome! Any idea of the humidity level when you were PCing? I am waiting for low levels. In the house is 30-40%, but the garage where I do my work is now at least 50% now. I just am waiting for then best conditons to give this a try. I have an exhaust fan in my basement, are the fumes too much for curing in the home?
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    I would tell you they look great, but you already know that.

What I can tell you is you are about to find so many great things about PC bullets that lube just can't acheive. One little known fact is PC bullets will make you a lot more popular at the shooting range. It is really pretty simple just load up a bunch of your pretty bullets making sure the cases are bright and shiny. Then go to you local shooting range when it's busy, for my gun club that is the weekends.

When you get there unload your bags and get your gear set up, then look around for the best looking young ladies at the range; at my age that's all of them. When you spot some you would like to visit with, put a handful of your best looking bullets in your pocket. Walk over to the young ladies and once you have made eye contact simply say, "What color bullets do you shoot?" Now that you have their attention pull out your pretty bullets and they will take the conversation from there. Of course if you had coated some pink ones it would be even better.

Now this is a huge asset for those that powder coat and something those that grease bullets simply cannot do. I can assure you if a luber walks over to a group of young ladies, gains eye contact and says, "What kind of Lube do you use?", it will not elicit the same reaction. And remember they already have a gun!
    Thanks for that, Dragonheart. Now I have to add "Clean coffee spray off of monitor" to my list of things to do today.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Yours are outstanding...wish I could do that every time!

Yesterday here 'behind enemy lines' we had 56% humidity w/59Ίƒ temperature I gave it a go...

they came out just fine...

here's a tray full of these Lyman 452374's...

I noticed that I was running low on PC in the tub, needed to add more but kept going. This is a mix of black and white 50/50 but as the PC got lower my casts started coating with more white and my casts in the rear turned out lighter grey.
    Oh well...so long as they're coated that is all that matters.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast