MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mossberg 500 410 pump

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Alliant 300MP is turning up over and over in the research I have been doing the last week on .410 as giving top velocity, and very, very low pressure, which in turn is very forgiving on the hulls.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    I might have to look at that as my H110 is almost completely gone. I was looking at buying 8# but may need to rethink it now. Thanks

Boolit Master
    buy #9s you need all the pellets you can get
    powder 110 2400 4227 little gun 410 all work

Boolit Buddy
    turtlezx I only load #9 shot and I was talking about 8lb of powder and that was my mistake. I only had 1lb of H110 and it is getting low. I need to order some powder and MP300 is a little cheaper and I am thinking about loading for 1,300 instead of 1,200 and it has a little lower pressure as well.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    ncmn,

Am told that the listed velocity is actually a bit higher, but have not chrono'd it.

https://www.alliantpowder.com/reload...=410&gtypeid=3
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I have a 410 mossberg. Guy I got it from said it jammed a lot and his gunsmith could never get it to run right. Got it cheap enough to let the kids use it and if it was only a single shot would make no difference hunting squirrels and rabbits. Took it out and ran a couple boxes of shells through it no issues. Then tried working the action slowly which would cause a jam almost every time. I think the issue he had with it was babying the gun while cycling it. If you get one, treat it like any other pump action and let the forearm smack to a stop at either end of it's travel.

Boolit Buddy
    I am really enjoying the 410 and glad I finally got around to buying one. I have not be able to shoot skeet with it yet but have shot couple boxes through it with no problems at all. It functions fine with my reloads and that is a big plus. Reloading is the only way I can afford to shoot the little 410's. When warm weather gets here I will be shooting more and I am sure it will get its workout. Great gun for the money in my book.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123