RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: windows 7 is done ?

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought a Wavlink HDD docking device which is USB connected. After I replaced my old hard drives with SSD's, I can plug the old hard drives into the docking device and have access to everything on them.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by shaper View Post
    When I turned the computer on this morning a notice came up. Microsoft is no longer supporting windows 7.
    I tried W 10 and don't like it at all. What is my options now.
    Linux is your friend. Win7, I recommend Mint Mate. Put it on a thumbdrive, and test drive it. My 89 yo Mom uses it, about all she does is email and FB with family
    Don't want no one to git hurt, but if you're gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Apple seems like the only choice. I was hoping Microsoft would come up with a professional operating system but it was too much to ask of the bureaucratic mess that is Microsoft.

I will stick with win 7 offline as long as I can and get started soon on a Mac. Linux won't run Photoshop or QuickBooks.
    Linux has GIMP, in my opinion (YMMV) a better photo editor than Photshop. Quickbooks...I can't help ya,unless it's just personal finances, then MMEX runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    Most of my computers are on Linux, But I need one to run some of the programs that will not run on Linux. I started with ubuntu and like it a lot, but am starting to like Mint better each day. You can set your computer up to dual boot both windows and linux. They need to be on separate drives or partitions.
    And, with virtual box in Linux, I install a free Win7 as a new system, bypass registration, and in a week when it goes TU, just run the iso and reinstall Win7. And I have not done that in over 4 years...cuz I don't do Windows.

Like 454pb I bought a SATA to USB adapter, plugged mt old SATA hard drives from my old desktop and hey presto. All the blasts from the past that I had stashed got moved onto this new machines 2 tb hdd. Games, books, music, pictures. Everything computer wise from the past 10 years at my fingertips.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123