RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality and God

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    If you are "taught in a church that teaches the bible which IS god's word" how do you know that you are not being deceived? Most of the world's people do not believe that the Bible is the word of God. Why are you so sure you are right? Is faith just a fools belief? Really, what makes the Bible better than the Koran?

Tim
    if you are a smart person you should compare bible to bible , many times it references itself over and over , that's why i said it takes a lot of your own study time if you really are searching for the truth. also the bible states that Jesus is god and he is the only one that has ever risen from the dead, all other so-called gods are still in their graves. in the old testament god told abraham that his name is "I AM" and in the new testament jesus said that before abraham was "I AM". hope this helps.
    Last edited by a danl; 02-02-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Boolit Master

Really, what makes the Bible better than the Koran?

Tim
    There is one fundamental difference in the two.
    One would have you come to know the loving, saving grace of Christ.
    The other would love to kill you for for knowing the loving, saving grace of Christ.

Discernment is part of wisdom and faith in the Christian community.
    I see so little of it in some of the posts here, but, I like it when I see it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    There is one fundamental difference in the two.
    One would have you come to know the loving, saving grace of Christ.
    The other would love to kill you for for knowing the loving, saving grace of Christ.

Discernment is part of wisdom and faith in the Christian community.
    I see so little of it in some of the posts here, but, I like it when I see it.
    Clearly you have not read the Koran. What you said is often said by those ignorant of Islam.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    paul was a pharisee and they persecuted christians and he was present and condoned the stoning of stephen. and the change they saw in him was after the lord threw him off his donkey on the way to damascus . i'm sorry but i sometimes think i'm wasting my time with opinions because searching for the truth takes a lot of study of god's word.
    Perhaps you do not understand my point. My point is that Paul's conduct most likely did not drastically change when he became a Christian. The change that people noticed was that Paul now preached the very Gospel he had been trying to wipe out.

Paul considered himself the least of the Apostles ("leasterest" in Greek) because he had persecuted the Church. But he also acknowledged that he was blameless when it came to the Law. Again, Paul was not a wanton sinner before he met Jesus.

Boolit Grand Master
    Clearly you have not read the Koran. What you said is often said by those ignorant of Islam.

Tim
    Tim, I have not read the Koran, so I an one of the ignorant ones.

I have a few friends that are Christians and I like what I see. I look at Muslims, and do not like what I see.

Maybe our media is not fair in reporting the Muslims religion?
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Tim, I have not read the Koran, so I an one of the ignorant ones.

I have a few friends that are Christians and I like what I see. I look at Muslims, and do not like what I see.

Maybe our media is not fair in reporting the Muslims religion?
    Our media does not report on Islam as a religion. They report on Islam as politics. The Jihadist are more politicians than religious leaders. The separation of religion and politics is becoming thinner here in the U.S. as well.

The Koran and the Hadith are a little more aggressive, less pacifist than the Bibles but the Bibles are not completely pacifist either. Islam respects Abrahamic tradition including that the Koran was dictated by the Angel Gabriel. Jews and Christians are not considered infidels if they follow the Bible and do not profane the Prophet Mohammad. The Koran is consider the word of God, the same God as the God of the Jews and Christians. The God of Abraham.

The Jihadist are not fighting against Christianity they are fighting against Western Decadence. The throw Homosexuals out of second story window, defenestration

de·​fen·​es·​tra·​tion | \ (ˌ)dē-ˌfe-nə-ˈstrā-shən

Definition of defenestration

1 : a throwing of a person or thing out of a window
    //assassination by defenestration

They strongly believe in prayer in schools.

They do not believe in Feminism. Some of them don't believe women should be educated.

Women who have sex outside of marriage have committed a capital crime punishable by death.

Drinking alcohol is a sin and a crime.

Fundamentalist Islamist make fundamentalist Christians look like playboys.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are more alike than you might imagine. They are very different than Far Eastern Religions.

Muslims fight the west (U.S. and our allies) because we are bringing decadence and depravity to their world. Politically they are fighting for oil and land in the Middle East but morally they are fighting for the same values that Fundamentalists Christians are fighting for right here in the U.S. How would you feel if someone was sending messages to your daughter telling her that she can use birth control and have sex for the fun of it and maybe fall in love with someone of her own choosing instead of the man her parents chose. The Islamist are not happy with that message.

Personally I think all of you are fighting for a culture stuck in the Dark Ages.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Tim, I have not read the Koran, so I an one of the ignorant ones......
    Ignorance is a fact than can be corrected by education. We are all ignorant of something. I too am ignorant.

Studying the Koran is as hard as studying the Bible. Few of us can become expert at both. I certainly am not an expert of either. I have studied many religions and I find that almost all of them have valuable lessons. They agree more than they disagree. Respect your elders, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, do not engage in excess, sex, drugs, food, pride, money........love don't hate.

Christianity is not wrong, it just is not the only way. It is not superior. It is good, good enough, except when out of pride it claims to be superior.

Tim

Boolit Master
    I don't want anyone to stop being Christian, I just want them to be better people and respect other peoples beliefs and understand that they don't have it quite as well figured out as they think.

Tim

Holy schnikes, dtknowles.

That was probably the most well formulated and educated comment on religion I've *ever* seen from this site. I was beginning to lose hope. I'm seriously impressed at both the quality of the contribution, as well as the complete deconstruction of the majority of the arguments from less educated and bigoted posters on in this thread (and forum as a whole). I'm not a religious man, but every other bible, koran, or torah thumper on this forum should look to your example for how to be a man of God. People like you will make the world a better place.

My helmets off to you.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master

Tim
    Aaahhh, but I have read it. Twice in fact. And those who follow and worship Allah and follow the prophets writings are said to go to heaven, bonus points for killing none believers.
    You see Tim, killing is their religion. Dying for Islam is their goal.

Get a study guide, but before you begin read Romans first to get the general theme of what the new testament is about. Then learn the heart and mines of not only Jesus but his followers are well.

Without a changed heart the Bible is is just a book of people and events, a lot like a news paper of ancient times and the twisted lives and events back then.
    Quite simply, the Bible is an instruction manual, especially the New Testament on how to find favor with God and do his will.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't want anyone to stop being Christian, I just want them to be better people and respect other peoples beliefs and understand that they don't have it quite as well figured out as they think.

Tim
    Well said Tim.
    Bravo!
    I totally agree with what you just posted.

Unfortunately, there is a strong belief amongst Christians that reference a mistranslated or misunderstood (IMO) statement in the Bible that states that you do not get to the Father unless you go through Jesus.
    In their mind it seems to generate a position that everyone else's belief system is wrong and will go to hell because they did not go through Jesus.
    Gotta be a Christian!
    It's the only way!

Also, thanks for the link to the missing books of the Bible.
    I've read some of the Gospel of Thomas and Book of Enoch.
    Very interesting, but it's all heresy , don't you know? <grin>

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    Holy schnikes, dtknowles.

That was probably the most well formulated and educated comment on religion I've *ever* seen from this site. I was beginning to lose hope. I'm seriously impressed at both the quality of the contribution, as well as the complete deconstruction of the majority of the arguments from less educated and bigoted posters on in this thread (and forum as a whole). I'm not a religious man, but every other bible, koran, or torah thumper on this forum should look to your example for how to be a man of God. People like you will make the world a better place.

My helmets off to you.
    how can a man be a man of god if he worships the wrong god? there is only one god and he is the creator of everything including mankind.
    Last edited by a danl; 02-05-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    Unfortunately, there is a strong belief amongst Christians that reference a mistranslated or misunderstood (IMO) statement in the Bible that states that you do not get to the Father unless you go through Jesus.
    In their mind it seems to generate a position that everyone else's belief system is wrong and will go to hell because they did not go through Jesus.
    Gotta be a Christian!
    It's the only way!
    Really? And what is your opinion of how that passage should be translated and understood?

Even if that passage were not in the Bible at all, the New Testament is very clear that the only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ. It is the central message to the whole book!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Really? And what is your opinion of how that passage should be translated and understood?

Even if that passage were not in the Bible at all, the New Testament is very clear that the only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ. It is the central message to the whole book!
    Not the only way...????

Cultures not exposed to the Bible will not be excluded from heaven. Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Incas, Aztecs, Native Americans, all cultures before Christ died? Children up to X years of age get a pass? Mentally retarded get a pass?

In some ways Christians have it easy. We admit our sins and try our best not to sin, but sin anyway. By accepting Jesus, we have a path to heaven.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post

Rather than clutter up OP's thread with more off topic discussion I discussed my views here:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...cept-though-Me

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    how can a man be a man of god if he worships the wrong god? there is only one god and he is the creature of everything including mankind.
    "Nuh uh. His magic sky man isn't the right one."
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    ... there is a strong belief amongst Christians that reference a mistranslated or misunderstood (IMO) statement in the Bible that states that you do not get to the Father unless you go through Jesus....
    Rizzo, first, it appears I owe you an apology and I happily do so. I recently quoted back to another fellow and mistakenly did so to your name. Sorry about that.

Now, you are free to say what you wish about religious philosophy but you can't rightly say that the God and Christ who made both heaven and hell, who have the power of life and death as they are addressed in the Bible God has provided for his followers, doesn't know what He's talking about. In other words, what you're calling "Christianity" isn't; you hold to the doctrines of the United Universalists. (Good people who apparently open their prayers with "To whom it may concern ....)

Yes, but it's not something we dreamed up in our minds, it's what we believe because it specifically says so in the scriptures; dreaming up alternate spiritual ideas without any foundation at all is what you have done. Think about it and I hope you'll grant that the One who owns the Kingdom is the only one who rightly makes the rules for admission to his domain.

Gotta be a Christian! It's the only way!"
    Yes, it's the only way for us to get where we're going. But, if you can find, or invent, another heavenly place for people that you approve of then find a spiritual landlord who will listen to you; then maybe you can have it your way. But you simply can't do that with the Christian God. Nor should you expect to. ??

... the missing books of the Bible. I've read some of the Gospel of Thomas and Book of Enoch. Very interesting, but it's all heresy , don't you know? <grin>
    There are no missing books from the Bible. The Old Testament was concluded some 400 years before Christ. The books you're referring to were known and rejected from the canon of the New Testament by Christian leaders who were near contemporaries of those various books. Those leaders were smart, they pretty well knew who was a valid writer and who was not. Much like today, a few of those early writers were spiritual men and a pile were not!

The various "apocrapha" books were rejected from inclusion in the NT canon for several valid reasons which are much too expansive to go into here. MANY religious writings were rejected by the earliest and most learned founders of Christianity but NONE of those books were ever "lost" or "hidden" any more than thousands of other old documents; if that were so, or even remotely possible, no one would know about them today!

Boolit Master

Our media does not report on Islam as a religion. They report on Islam as politics. The Jihadist are more politicians than religious leaders. The separation of religion and politics is becoming thinner here in the U.S. as well.

The Koran and the Hadith are a little more aggressive, less pacifist than the Bibles but the Bibles are not completely pacifist either. Islam respects Abrahamic tradition including that the Koran was dictated by the Angel Gabriel. Jews and Christians are not considered infidels if they follow the Bible and do not profane the Prophet Mohammad. The Koran is consider the word of God, the same God as the God of the Jews and Christians. The God of Abraham.

The Jihadist are not fighting against Christianity they are fighting against Western Decadence. The throw Homosexuals out of second story window, defenestration

de·​fen·​es·​tra·​tion | \ (ˌ)dē-ˌfe-nə-ˈstrā-shən

Definition of defenestration

1 : a throwing of a person or thing out of a window
    //assassination by defenestration

They strongly believe in prayer in schools.

They do not believe in Feminism. Some of them don't believe women should be educated.

Women who have sex outside of marriage have committed a capital crime punishable by death.

Drinking alcohol is a sin and a crime.

Fundamentalist Islamist make fundamentalist Christians look like playboys.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are more alike than you might imagine. They are very different than Far Eastern Religions.

Muslims fight the west (U.S. and our allies) because we are bringing decadence and depravity to their world. Politically they are fighting for oil and land in the Middle East but morally they are fighting for the same values that Fundamentalists Christians are fighting for right here in the U.S. How would you feel if someone was sending messages to your daughter telling her that she can use birth control and have sex for the fun of it and maybe fall in love with someone of her own choosing instead of the man her parents chose. The Islamist are not happy with that message.

Personally I think all of you are fighting for a culture stuck in the Dark Ages.

Tim
    You forgot just one thing, if you oppose them or their political beliefs, they kill you!!!
    It's their way or cut off the head way.
    I can't understand how you can defend the indefensible?

Boolit Buddy
    Not the only way...????

Cultures not exposed to the Bible will not be excluded from heaven. Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Incas, Aztecs, Native Americans, all cultures before Christ died? Children up to X years of age get a pass? Mentally retarded get a pass?

In some ways Christians have it easy. We admit our sins and try our best not to sin, but sin anyway. By accepting Jesus, we have a path to heaven.
    sorry to say, but yes they will, god says they are without excuse because the very creation itself speaks of god. ROMANS chapter1 verse 20. read it for yourself and continue on to the whole book. all the groups you mention worship a false god. jesus is the son of god , that's why we celebrate christmas for his birth and easter as the day he rose from the grave, even our calendar starts as A.D. the week even has 7 days that references creation. remember this god allowed his son to die on that cross to shed his blood for anyone that comes to him , a sinner and repents and believes. god is a jealous god. would you allow 'your' son to die for your enemy so that your enemy could have your inheritance ? meaning heaven.i think not, but that's why god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes on him may not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3;16
    Last edited by a danl; 02-03-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Boolit Master

Not the only way...????

I know of no loop hole in the Bible for those who have not heard the Gospel message to be saved. That is why people have been willing to sacrifice their lives to deliver this message for the last 2000 years.

It may not seem fair to some. But it is important to remember that the default state of every human being is "lost" because of their own sins. The Bible repeats this over and over. Some people will hear the message and some of those will respond and be saved. There just isn't any other way outlined in Scripture.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast