Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How long should I age my venison???

Banned

yes sir I do.

Boolit Master
    Never had venison that was aged. Take off what you're planning to eat that night, then the butcher does the cutting up and burgers,sausages,roasts whatever. Everything comes flash frozen so onto the freezer. Was in Rouse's which is a new supermarket they opened in town last year. One refrigerated cabinet had aged beef. I asked the manager about how long they age it. Two weeks.
    My Mom's folks in Pennsylvania would do all the butchering and let it hang up in the rafters of the barn. Deer season usually starts the 1st week in December so by then temps are steadily falling with no warm ups. But then again this is the meat they will need to get through the winter. So the more deer shot better chance they will have meat all winter. One of my aunt's loved venison. Told me she would kill for some. Told her to come over as I have some in the freezer. I swear she was here before I could put the phone down. Gave her the whole shooting match except for some burgers and sausages. Never seen a woman so happy. Frank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234