Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: FSinNY: TC Encore rifle 357Max w/MGM 24" bbl. - Stratton barrel hanger w/forearm

Boolit Master

FSinNY: TC Encore rifle 357Max w/MGM 24" bbl. - Stratton barrel hanger w/forearm

I have a stainless TC Encore rifle with flex tech stock, a MGM 24" heavy factory contour barrel with custom fluting, and a Stratton Custom barrel hanger and forearm. Total round count is fairly low and gun/barrel will shoot 1moa five shot groups with select loads. The trigger has been worked and Bellm trigger kit installed. The trigger breaks at a consistent sub 2lbs with no travel. I will sell the barrel with forearm separately if you already have an Encore frame. I'm asking $875 for the gun plus $30 for shipping.
    A great gun for those who live in cartridge restricted states like Indiana, etc. It's good out to 200 yards no problem.

Note: I'll sell the barrel with hanger and forearm separately for $450 tyd.

Note: Scope in picture not included with gun or barrel.

Attachment 254745
    Last edited by NSB; 01-14-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Boolit Master
    Bump for today. This rifle/barrel has accounted for six deer from last year until this year. One was nearly two hundred yards. This cartridge will easily out perform the 350 Legend and has a better choice of bullets.

Attachment 254780

Boolit Master
    Lots of looking but no offeres. Lowered price on gun and/or just barrel w/hanger.

Boolit Master
    I'll consider fair offers if you're interested....seems like a lot of people are looking so there must be some interest. This gun is a perfect for anyone wanting a good deer rifle that's legal in cartridge restricted states. No problem shooting deer out to 200+ yards. Trigger is unbelievable also, and recoil is quite mild.

Attachment 254861Attachment 254862

Boolit Master

Humm what is that select load your referring to ?I might be interested in just the barrel did Mike bellm cut the camber or was it cut by MGM ?
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Humm what is that select load your referring to ?I might be interested in just the barrel did Mike bellm cut the camber or was it cut by MGM ?
    The load pictured with the bullet is not my most accurate load (or powder). It was one suggested by someone on David Whites board and I tried it out. It shoots around 1.25" for five shots and I actually cut it back a bit from what was actually suggested. I don't like to provide data in general since load data for the .357max seems to be pretty much directed towards handguns. Today, you find a lot of rifle shooters using this cartridge since many mid-western states have opened rifle hunting up to specific straight wall cartridges. I don't live in one of those states, but I find that this cartridge is all I need for deer hunting and the Encore is a perfect rifle to chamber it in....light, accurate, and all weather in stainless. This barrel was chambered at MGM at my request along with the spiral flutes (which don't make it shoot any better, but it looks nice). If you've already got a frame you have the option of just getting a barrel. FWIW, both blued and stainless are completely interchangeable. This barrel will go right on a blued frame.

Boolit Master

Yes Sir your PM is working now.I sent a second one to you.

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Nice looking rifle

Boolit Master

Did you get my second Pm?? I guess you may still have troubles with incoming pms??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Did you get my second Pm?? I guess you may still have troubles with incoming pms??
    Hurrah! Finally got my PM system fixed. I sent you a response, check your messages.

Boolit Master

I'm still needing your address I sent pm #3, please wrap her up real nice.

Boolit Master
    Sold to SSGOldfart pending funds. Thanks everyone for looking.