Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: curio and relic license low down

Boolit Master
    I had one for a couple of years and bought a couple of eligible guns from aimsurplus and classicfirearms but there’s not a whole lot available anymore.

Any time I was out of state and visiting a gun shop I’d ask if I could buy using my C&R license and not once did the shop have any idea what I was talking about. This happened at least half a dozen times.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    I had one for a couple of years and bought a couple of eligible guns from aimsurplus and classicfirearms but there’s not a whole lot available anymore.

Any time I was out of state and visiting a gun shop I’d ask if I could buy using my C&R license and not once did the shop have any idea what I was talking about. This happened at least half a dozen times.
    reddog,

I concur with your analysis. Why do we "Need" BATFE to license a citizen's Second Amendment rights we had before the Gun Control Act of 1968? How many criminals seek to obtain a C&R license? When will the gun controllers STOP licensing Honest Citizens?

Adam

Boolit Buddy
    Depending on your state, the C&R has some pretty weird rules and benefits. In AZ, I can buy private party ANYTHING anytime, but if its 50 years old I have to log it as I have an 03 FFL. When I sell it, I have to log it if it was originally logged, but If I held a 48 year old gun for 3 years, no log out is necessary. I have had a few rifles and pistols shipped right to the house, as they were 50+ years old, do the math as guns seldom wear out, more are available every year.

The 03 FFL was a concession during the GCA68 debates, because think of it at the time, 50 years old meant pre-war bolt actions and levers. Now it means SP1's and nice 60's era auto loading pistols.

Boolit Buddy
    Also, if you let your 03FFL lapse, the records do NOT need to be kept. Any gun that is not in your logbook may have been acquired during the lapse, or disposed during the lapse, and would not be logged. There is no financial benefit to continuous license, but there are great benefits to a 3 month lapse every 3 years.

Boolit Buddy

03 ffl

Gentlemen, I rec'd my 03 FFL in about 60 days. Do any of you out there have a list of Vendors that give discounts to C&R holders. Thanks, Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog View Post
    Also, if you let your 03FFL lapse, the records do NOT need to be kept. Any gun that is not in your logbook may have been acquired during the lapse, or disposed during the lapse, and would not be logged. There is no financial benefit to continuous license, but there are great benefits to a 3 month lapse every 3 years.

Boolit Mold
    No list,

But Numrich and Midway do (or did as of six months ago)

Boolit Buddy

mikwat , thank you for the reply. It seems there are not nearly as many that take 03 FFL as there use to be. Randy.

Boolit Master

I had the discount from Graf's and Brownells. I found that you had to buy a minimum $$ amount to outweigh the standard shipping. I don't buy that much from either so I went back to standard customer status.
    John
    W.TN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123