Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brutal winter in North Central Texas

Moderator Emeritus

We have had a great winter as well. We had fishable ice by Dec 1 and I have been out 5 times. Been a little windy the last few days but its all good when you have four seasons.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Little farther north in the NW corner of Arkansas, somewhere around 4 inches of rain, (got to get a gauge, it varies so much around here) last night into the morning. 30 at sunup and then about 10am an inch or so of sleet followed by dust of snow. Down to 17 or so tonight and 28 or so tomorrow. Was slush on driveway, so a lot is drying off with the wind. back up into the 50's by Tuesday.

Boolit Master
    Eastern SD down to --17 below, pitchfork handle gets cold real fast when I gave the cows a little extra hay, then off to a gun show. Just got home and temp was up to +2.

Boolit Master

We have about the same as Smoked Turkey here in Central East Mo. We have a small church here in O Fallon and some have 30+ miles to come tomorrow but I think a few older folks will stay home. We have a church Directory so we can check on everyone to be sure they are OK.
    Oh,yea, the snowblower is in the garage just waiting for me to crank it up. This year I have a left knee out of wack and will have to use the meds to get the job done. I have to wait until the 22nd to get gel shots in it again.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Storm came through here about 2-3am lotsa thunder and lightening and rain. Later this day sunny and 70+ degrees. Got tired of humping the old gas generator out of the garage and under the patio. Had a whole house generator installed with 500 gallon propane tank. Our house is all electric. Funny thing all the power outages haven't been long enough for it to kick in. Blink blink and power back on. Last year 2018 several outages. People who shouldn't be allowed to drive took out some power poles,and one dummy who was hauling sugar cane got one pole and drove away. Saw it happen so called the local utility they replaced the pole and sugar cane farmer got the bill. Frank

USMC 77, USRA 79

how about this???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59242C85-2BC2-429C-8779-77B1D1B2C4D3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	254686

cold, and you guessed it, snow here...

marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Banned

darn I feel bad for you. Looks like a nice October morning here. 70??? maybe by the forth of july!

Boolit Master
    Power still out here, bout 30 hrs. Gen set still running, and 2 small boilers keeping greenhouses above 40’. Burning a lot fo propane, may need to call for more, bad time of year to purchase. More damage around than first thought, lots of trees on wires. Should be sunny today and boilers will be off. Then weather sposed to warm up.

Banned

Welcome to Texas!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Snow is much better than freezing rain.
    Thats the truth!

We seldom get a nice snow here. Just freezing rain and sleet. Snow usually does not cause widespread problems. But freezing rain sticks to the limbs and wire and breaks them down. Then you have the broken poles from those that get out driving around that shouldn't be out!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Power still out here, bout 30 hrs. Gen set still running, and 2 small boilers keeping greenhouses above 40’. Burning a lot fo propane, may need to call for more, bad time of year to purchase. More damage around than first thought, lots of trees on wires. Should be sunny today and boilers will be off. Then weather sposed to warm up.
    Heres to hoping that you get the power back on soon. Good Luck!

Boolit Master
    Power back on after church, bright sky sent both greenhouses to ne’er 70’. This should be the last cold night for about a week. Generator has been working hard with the heat pumps and boilers, still have about 380 gallons of propane left.

Boolit Master

Unseasonably cold here in Yuma at 65. But it sure feels better than the 20s back home.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

-38 here this morning with just a hint of a breeze! Equivalent to -46 here. But it's a dry cold!!!
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Grand Master

70 again today. Rainy, too
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    -17 below here but it a dry cold.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Power back on after church, bright sky sent both greenhouses to ne’er 70’. This should be the last cold night for about a week. Generator has been working hard with the heat pumps and boilers, still have about 380 gallons of propane left.
    Glad that you are back on. Entergy here in Arkansas, the company that I retired from, still has nearly 1900 customers off. It was a bad storm!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Welcome to Texas!
    Yep same here.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    More ice here again today. Ugly storm heading this way Friday, rain turning to ice turning to snow.

Banned
    Almost 70 here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast