WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: For thought and Meditation

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and Meditation

As they led Him away, they laid hold of a certain man, Simon…, and on him they laid the cross that he might bear it after Jesus. —Luke 23:26

If we obey God, it is going to cost other people more than it costs us, and that is where the pain begins. If we are in love with our Lord, obedience does not cost us anything— it is a delight. But to those who do not love Him, our obedience does cost a great deal. If we obey God, it will mean that other people’s plans are upset. They will ridicule us as if to say, “You call this Christianity?” We could prevent the suffering, but not if we are obedient to God. We must let the cost be paid.

When our obedience begins to cost others, our human pride entrenches itself and we say, “I will never accept anything from anyone.” But we must, or disobey God. We have no right to think that the type of relationships we have with others should be any different from those the Lord Himself had (see Luke 8:1-3).
    A lack of progress in our spiritual life results when we try to bear all the costs ourselves. And actually, we cannot. Because we are so involved in the universal purposes of God, others are immediately affected by our obedience to Him. Will we remain faithful in our obedience to God and be willing to suffer the humiliation of refusing to be independent? Or will we do just the opposite and say, “I will not cause other people to suffer”? We can disobey God if we choose, and it will bring immediate relief to the situation, but it will grieve our Lord. If, however, we obey God, He will care for those who have suffered the consequences of our obedience. We must simply obey and leave all the consequences with Him. Beware of the inclination to dictate to God what consequences you would allow as a condition of your obedience to Him.

have a blessed day.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you for posting this .
    No turning back , No turning back !

USMC 77, USRA 79

no problem my friend,, glad to help with Ronnie's ministry till he gets back online.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    If we are in love with our Lord, obedience does not cost us anything— it is a delight.
    While I understand the general idea behind this message, I take exception to this claim. Obedience to God's will can be quite costly. Think of Jesus who obeyed God's will when he sacrificed himself and endured horrible suffering. Think of Paul who suffered throughout his ministry. Think of the thousands (million?) of other Christians who lost their families, friends, freedoms, jobs and lives because of their faith. The individuals all paid dearly for their obedience.

Boolit Master
    Matt 19 from our recent reading seems to indicate that obedience could be quite costly!
    29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Just my thoughts.

Moderator Emeritus

I don't know where so many people got the idea that God would reach down His mighty hand and make things easy for those who believe. All I know is that it doesn't work this way! This world is a testing and proving ground to see who will wind up being fit for Heaven, and who will not be fit. Christ himself told us that we would be persecuted, made fun of, and even killed for our faith, if we kept it. If that's not diametrically opposite of the attitude I so commonly see in believers, I don't know what would be! We expect so much, and merit so little!

I have long contended that humility is the true mark of a mature Christian, and I still believe that's true. Only the humble can submit to anything or anyone. The haughty, the prideful and the self obsessed can never truly submit to anything or anyone except their own desires and appetites. So foolish!!! But a humble person can "hear" Christ, and walk with Him, and love Him. What a difference an attitude can make, eh?