Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cz 457 vs Tikka t1x 17hmr?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio686 View Post
    I was very disappointed with the first few clips I ran through it. Probably a 2-3" group at a 100. Cleaned it up and tried it again. I can now say I am very pleased. I have been using it since the leaves came off for squirrels. The furthest shot so far this year was 110 but I am routinely taking squirrels at 65-90. I am very pleased with the way this rifle is shooting right now. Now the only hang up is split necks on hmr ammo...
    Some report their CZ rifles come with a very noticeable layer of protective grease in the barrel and need to be cleaned attentively before use. Sounds like your experience with your excellent CZ. What scope did you put on it? A terrific wood and steal rifle made to last a long time.

Boolit Bub
    I had got a deal on a Bushnell nitro last year with the rebate. Off the top of my head I think it is a 6-24 with deploy reticle. Holds a zero and has worked well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PB234 View Post
    Some report their CZ rifles come with a very noticeable layer of protective grease in the barrel and need to be cleaned attentively before use. Sounds like your experience with your excellent CZ. What scope did you put on it? A terrific wood and steal rifle made to last a long time.
    That doesn't surprise me. I always clean the barrel out before I shoot it in any firearm I buy, new or used. You never know what someone left in the barrel.
    I remember watching a youtube video a few weeks ago where a fellow was complaining about the poor accuracy on his rifle. In this case, it was a 22lr. He had never cleaned the barrel. When he finally did, the groups shrunk dramatically and he had the honesty to admit it in a video and apologize for badmouthing the rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    What caliber and model did you buy Ohio? I bought a At-one just before Christmas and the weather has been so bad up here in Michigan I haven't had a lot of shooting with it. I'm kind confused on the scope selection. I would really like to have a fine reticle with a small target dot but it seems they aren't in favor now. I'm wanting a side knob focus maybe 3 to 14 variable probable 1" and could go 30mm if I had to. Anybody know of something like this around?
    I'm really having a hard time with this 11mm BB gun type ring slots. I see on #5 post Idahoron has some of what I think are BKL 11 mm rings and base. These might work for me if they are 1 inch rings.
    I'm wanting to shoot a weekly scaled down silhouette shoot at our club and that's what this rifle is for. The targets are set at 25, 30, 40, and 50 yards and they are pretty small. It's really a fun shoot and popular at our club.

Kcajeel

Boolit Bub
    I put a rail on my 17 hmr 457 varmint so that I could use regular rings. I would stick with a 22 for target shooting at that distance. It seems that the 17 hmr ammo is not that consistent and it might do a lot of harm to steel targets that close.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12