WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Browning 1886 SRC front sight blade replacement

Boolit Grand Master

Browning 1886 SRC front sight blade replacement

Basically looking for a vendor that has replacement front blade sights that will fit the Browning 1886 SRC. The sight I have is a bit short for my typical every day loads for hunting. Was hoping to find a white faced taller replacement. I’ve searched the web and have come up empty. If not 13gr Unique and 350gr boolit hit on at 50/100 yards (bit high at 50 and low at 100). Velocity is a bit on the slow side I’d imagine but will kill what I need to in GA.

Boolit Master
    My Win 1895 had a silver dime pinned in the integral sight base. I did find a factory replacement to replace it. What you may want to do is visit a locksmith and see if he has some old nickle silver keys that have the square end that goes on the key ring. Or some big brass keys. Or get a few of each and after shaping it, solder a piece of brass key on the face of a nickle silver one. Little file work should get you where you want to be. The old medco keys were nickle silver. Frank

Rocky mountain front sights? I have one. and they are pretty tall. Look on homestead parts. They have everything.
    Also the sights are period correct. I have an original 1886 and ordered multiple front sights. My original sight is the a copper plate, like a penny shaped.

Boolit Buddy
    Has your font sight been shortened/filed down?

If your looking for a factory new replacement front sight Midwest Gunworks has the exact part your looking for priced at $16.75.

Browning 1886 SRC front sight:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/PO70264

You'll likely have to make one, a chunk of brass or a dime. I replaced my rear sight with a semi buckhorn and the gun shot high. made a front blade out of a piece of brass and good to go.

Boolit Buddy