Inline FabricationADvertise hereLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench height? For use w/ bar stool seat?

Boolit Mold
    I don't know if this helps, but it helped me a lot when I was running a factory.

https://content.statefundca.com/safe...Guidelines.asp

Boolit Mold
    Forgot to mention Home Depot sell a decent hand brand adjustable height work bench.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-62...DB12/301810799

I generally recommend setting the height of the bench so that the ball/handle is shoulder height. This reduces reaching up or bending to operate the handle. I set my bench for standing height, and use adjustable stool for sitting.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

I like to stand for some presses/operations and sit for others. Sizing brass and bullets, definitely prefer to stand, leaning on it. Final assembly like to sit and look more closely. As such I like the table to be pretty high. This allows both modes perfectly. Getting the press up makes your neck and eyes relax and if the press is too high to press hard, then stand up which is more ergo for that amount of effort anyway.

Oh so mine is approx kitchen bar height and I’m a tall person. I made it an island though and it has presses on 4 sides

Boolit Master
    The top of a standard cabinet countertop is 36" above the floor and 24" to the back wall. I would suggest building a workbench to fit whoever will be using it. If you have your press set it on a countertop and lower the press handle all the way down and measure at what height the the press needs to be set to have a comfortable stroke.

I'm 5'11 also and I just rebuilt my bench top. I don't know the exact height but I can post it later. I like to stand and sit on a stool. I built the bench at the best standing height and then cut my stool down to where it felt good to sit at. I used the tall wood stool commonly sold at Sams and such had to take off about six inches.

Boolit Bub
    I would have to check to see my bench height, but I'd reiterate what several other guys have said in that it will depend on your height and how tall your stool is.

Mine is about right for me to stand or sit on a stool, though I find I stand more often than not. I can move around depending on what I'm doing. But I'm either using a single stage press or a Lee Loadmaster (no bullet feeder, I do that on my own), so I tend to reposition fairly frequently.

I elected to go with one the same height as my workbench in the garage. Decided it was better to have it match so if I later want to move it, I won't have benches of two heights.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12