RepackboxWidenersADvertise hereRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Glock introduced a .22 pistol...

  1. #1
    Boolit Master




    Idaho45guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Idaho/Washington border
    Posts
    1,061

    Glock introduced a .22 pistol...

    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-44-22lr/

    Basically a copy of their Gen 5 G19 in .22lr.

    I wish them luck, but I don't need one. I even own a Gen 5 G19.

    They've been building up this announcement for weeks, teasing consumers with a "game-changer".

    No, it's not. They're decades late in it's introduction and hobbled it with a 10-rd capacity. Yawn.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

  2. #2
    Boolit Master

    LUCKYDAWG13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,150
    Look's like a fun toy if the price point is not to high and if will run cheap ammo
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

  3. #3
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the beautiful timber of the PNW
    Posts
    76
    Still dont own a glock. Too many other fish in the sea...

  4. #4
    Boolit Master BNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-44-22lr/

    Basically a copy of their Gen 5 G19 in .22lr.

    I wish them luck, but I don't need one. I even own a Gen 5 G19.

    They've been building up this announcement for weeks, teasing consumers with a "game-changer".

    No, it's not. They're decades late in it's introduction and hobbled it with a 10-rd capacity. Yawn.

    I have to disagree. I’ve never been excited about Glocks, BUT I spent the last couple of years helping out a college pistol team.

    ALL 22s HAVE MAJOR ISSUES. Failure to load, failure to fire, failure to eject. Doesn’t matter what brand. I was an RSO for the state championships and saw kid after kid get frustrated when their gun jammed in some way. Every brand. The gun companies blame the ammo, but that is a cop out in my opinion. The ammo was there first! I hated to see all those new shooter frustrated with a gun that didn’t work. The ammo should be improved, but it is not a secret that it is dirty and leaves soot in the gun.

    Taurus beat Glock to the punch with this one. There version came out earlier this year and it really surprised me. It worked great at a summer camp with ~1000 rounds per day going through it. Worked quite well.

    If the Glock performs like that, then they will have a game changer in the competitive shooting world. I’m not a Glock fan, but they work. I have never seen one not work in practice or competition.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eureka MT
    Posts
    1,176
    I was a range officer for Alaska Dept of Corrections where we shot the Glock model 22. I have seen a few fail to feeds using the Glocks. I have a Ruger MKI Target that I have fired over 20,000 rounds without a malfunction of the gun. I have had a few rounds that failed to fire but it was the ammo not the gun. I also have a Walthers built Colt 1911 in 22lr that has not malfunctioned but it has only fired 4 or 5 hundred rounds which is not much of a test. I had a Glock 21 that was accurate and very reliable but the grip did not fit me well and without holding it in an unnatural manner, it pointed high and left as did the Glock 22. Don't have it anymore and won't get another Glock.

  6. #6
    Boolit Master




    Idaho45guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Idaho/Washington border
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I was a range officer for Alaska Dept of Corrections where we shot the Glock model 22. I have seen a few fail to feeds using the Glocks. I have a Ruger MKI Target that I have fired over 20,000 rounds without a malfunction of the gun. I have had a few rounds that failed to fire but it was the ammo not the gun. I also have a Walthers built Colt 1911 in 22lr that has not malfunctioned but it has only fired 4 or 5 hundred rounds which is not much of a test. I had a Glock 21 that was accurate and very reliable but the grip did not fit me well and without holding it in an unnatural manner, it pointed high and left as did the Glock 22. Don't have it anymore and won't get another Glock.
    Looks like you're one of the extremely few people that have had an issue with the G22. I never bought the G21 because the grip was just too big. But the Gen 5 with it's adjustable backstraps feels perfect in my hand.

    It's confusing to me why people write off Glocks and not other similar pistols when they now come with a variety of backstraps to fit a variety of hand sizes.

    It's like swearing off Fords because a 1972 Pinto was too small and problematic. Lots of improvements and different models since then...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Plate plinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,874
    Looks like it will be an excellent training aid, if it works well. Time will tell.

  8. #8
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    181
    I'm oddly excited not about the handgun but about the magazines. They appear to be a G19 form factor externally which means I will hopefully be able to make a 22lr AR using an AR9 Glock mag lower. The idea would be pop the pins, change the upper and the mag and go to town with mags that aren't hugely oversized unlike the standard AR22 mags. I think there will need to be a lot of custom parts for that until the after market catches up but I think they will ultimately. I'll also be glad I can add a bit more bolt weight than my Chiappa has.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master poppy42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    587
    Kinda makes me chuckle. Another completely dishwasher safe Glock ! Price point ? Figure out what it’s worth add $200 after all it’s a Glock! But wait there’s more ! You can hang over $3000 worth of bells and whistle‘s on it ! Especially appealing to all Tacticooool keyboard commandos everywhere . OK OK just kidding guys. please no hate mail . Nothing wrong with blocks er Glocks they’re just not for me
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    623
    No thanks. Didn't buy a Ramline pistol and probably won't buy one of these either. My old model Single Six still works fine.

  11. #11
    Vendor Sponsor

    Smoke4320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right here ..at least I was a minute ago
    Posts
    4,440
    If it gets more shooters in the game I am all for it..
    Personally my mark 1 still shoots great
    I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

    http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

    Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

    PULSAR night vision and thermal dealer !!!
    PM me for a good deal

    I am not crazy my mom had me tested

    Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

  12. #12
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Kinda makes me chuckle. Another completely dishwasher safe Glock ! Price point ? Figure out what it’s worth add $200 after all it’s a Glock! But wait there’s more ! You can hang over $3000 worth of bells and whistle‘s on it ! Especially appealing to all Tacticooool keyboard commandos everywhere . OK OK just kidding guys. please no hate mail . Nothing wrong with blocks er Glocks they’re just not for me
    I was looking at the MK series pistols and this falls in under them by over 100 bucks. Quite honestly that's my benchmark overall as they were probably the standard in 22lr pistols for years if not decades. The S&W Victory MSRP is within 10 bucks. I don't see them off the target cost wise honestly. The Taurus TX22 is $349 but it's a Taurus. That said it has more mag capacity and is out there already as well. Yeah it's not a $125 Rough Rider but still it's not horribly expensive in the space.

    It would be an insane bonus if standard Glock aftermarket parts fit one of these too and even better if it was something like a slide assembly and a mag to convert it to a real G19. Will that be the case? Don't know, time will tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    If it gets more shooters in the game I am all for it..
    Personally my mark 1 still shoots great
    I think that's the point of this. Get your GF/Wife/kids to shoot a G44 then graduate them to a G19. If you look at the marketing material it seems EXTREMELY heavily oriented to women who have been a very large segment of the CC market's growth. It's a size that's comfortable for a huge swath of people with low recoil for people that are intimidated by guns. I'm convinced that this will be insanely popular as a range rental for these reasons.

  13. #13
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Posts
    1,013
    When I was a kid in the early 50s we didn't have much money so for play guns we would saw a piece of 2x6 into a roughly shaped pistol, then drive a nail in for a trigger. My explanation of how a glock feels in my hands. I have never had the urge, even remotely, to own one. This grand and glorious introduction by them rates a huge yawn!
    There are 550 million arms in worldwide circulation. This is 1 firearm for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is , HOW DO WE ARM THE OTHER !!? The Lord of War.

  14. #14
    Vendor Sponsor

    Smoke4320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right here ..at least I was a minute ago
    Posts
    4,440
    Quote Originally Posted by drac0nic View Post


    I think that's the point of this. Get your GF/Wife/kids to shoot a G44 then graduate them to a G19. If you look at the marketing material it seems EXTREMELY heavily oriented to women who have been a very large segment of the CC market's growth. It's a size that's comfortable for a huge swath of people with low recoil for people that are intimidated by guns. I'm convinced that this will be insanely popular as a range rental for these reasons.
    I agree . if it functions reliability and is normal Glock quality build . It should be a rock solid gun and a rental fleet hit
    I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

    http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

    Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

    PULSAR night vision and thermal dealer !!!
    PM me for a good deal

    I am not crazy my mom had me tested

    Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

  15. #15
    Boolit Master poppy42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    When I was a kid in the early 50s we didn't have much money so for play guns we would saw a piece of 2x6 into a roughly shaped pistol, then drive a nail in for a trigger. My explanation of how a glock feels in my hands. I have never had the urge, even remotely, to own one. This grand and glorious introduction by them rates a huge yawn!
    Kinda like a brick with a trigger lol
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

  16. #16
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eureka MT
    Posts
    1,176
    I write off a lot of guns because they don't fit my hand well. Natural pointing is very important to me. One should be able to point the gun and make hits at 10 to 15 yds without sights. The gen 1 glock 21 and 22 didn't fit well and I cant afford to buy them all to find one that fits right.

  17. #17
    Boolit Master
    GARD72977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TUPELO MS
    Posts
    1,270
    I would buy one In 17 size if available.

    Don't judge a clock for something it's not intended for.
    " If you cant do it with a 308 , you dont need to do it!

  18. #18
    Boolit Master Reverend Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, B.C., Canada
    Posts
    1,830
    Nothing new really ... I've had an Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion kit for my wife's Model 17 Glock in 9mm for years. A bit fussy on ammo (but that's nothing unusual with ANY .22 semi-auto). It shoots quite accurately with the Remington Golden Bullet ammo (which they recommend in the owners manual).
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

  19. #19
    Boolit Buddy Lagamor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    209
    A lot of folks were hoping for something else. A carbine was what a lot of people were hoping for, sadly they were disappointed.
    I already have a Ruger for my Semi-auto 22 needs, but if I was in the market I might spring for one.
    The slide is plastic, so that's unusual but kinda cool too.

  20. #20
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagamor View Post
    A lot of folks were hoping for something else. A carbine was what a lot of people were hoping for, sadly they were disappointed.
    I already have a Ruger for my Semi-auto 22 needs, but if I was in the market I might spring for one.
    The slide is plastic, so that's unusual but kinda cool too.
    That's really out of their paradigm in a lot of ways; Even this is to some extent as it's blow back. If you look at virtually all Glocks ever made they are all within a fairly narrow window of the gun market; The shape and size may change (single vs double stack, caliber, slide/grip lengths etc. but they're largely the same basic form factor and mechanism overall with the usual evolutions stuff undergoes.

    I think that the PCC market's largely done although I will say I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone lighten one further by introduction of some sort of locked breech design or a toggle or similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check