RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2ADvertise hereLee Precision

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: At least Lee still believes in America

I have had not good interactions with Lee. I have had really good interactions with RCBS. I own and use all kinds of reloading equipment. My $.02 I would have used other words besides "not good" but this site has issues with that type of lingo.
    Looking for Ideal molds 419181 (44 Evans Long) and 375167 (38-72)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Buddy
    If you want your heating elements to last keep your pot full.
    Same as don't let a tea pot boil dry.
    At least this is my theory, so far it has worked for me.
    But then I probably haven't made near the boolits you fellows have.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I also think Hornady makes good products. I always thought RCBS products, especially their dies were odd. I don't like them at all, but that's a personal preference thing. I don't think much of new Lyman products.

I like Lee the best, Hornady is good too. It just happens Lee is the least expensive, but that's not why I buy their products.
    RCBS dies - I have their 45 ACP that I got in the trade and they are great, loaded 11 boxes of ammo no issues. Purchased 308 dies and noticed how much harder it was to size, I though for sure will get case stuck even though I was using imperial wax but if I just pushed it harder it went through, ok brushed it off as this must be the norm after 223. Than a depriming rod came loose (threaded piece) and decapping pin broke after maybe 30 cases, than I broke another one pin, borrowed one from Hornady die it fits! Contacted RCBS they sent me 5 free decapping pins and whole new decapping rod, great customer service. Returned RCBS dies after Lee 4 die set came from Amazon. Noticed sizing was surprisingly easier, 4 dies instead of 2 for about same price. BUT.. the quality how dies are machined is day and night difference! RCBS is top notch, lee is meh.. but it seems to work better in this instance.

I really like RCBS powder measures, I have 3 of them and if you are patient you can find them pretty cheap on ebay. I also love my RCBS Lite chargemaster, also their die wrench is a must have and powder pan and crimp remover and primer pocket uniformer, their shell holders are nice but overpriced, Hornady is better than Lee but almost half price.

Boolit Master
    There's nothing wrong with the RCBS powder measure. I had one. I broke it, but it was my fault. The Lee powder measure is just as good. They all work. The Lyman #55 is just ridiculously overcomplicated though. No idea what people see in them at all.

I haven't notice a huge problem of quality in RCBS dies, it's just the features they offer I don't like. Set screw lock rings, crimping seating dies, odd threaded depth adjusters, etc. Just preference stuff. I own a few die sets of Hornady, one or two RCBS, else I must have 30 sets of Lee. Lee is the only dies I buy anymore. I have yet to have a problem with any die set. Nothing wrong with Hornady dies, just not my favorite.

Boolit Buddy
    Lee replacement element at Titan:
    https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...coil-700w-120v

$9
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master

Where are other Lyman and RCBS products made? I bet a lot come from China too.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Where are other Lyman and RCBS products made? I bet a lot come from China too.
    I didn't ask Lyman at the SHOT Show last week, but I did ask RCBS, and only their electronics are made in China. Everything else is made in the U.S.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=ReloaderFred;4815976]I didn't ask Lyman at the SHOT Show last week, but I did ask RCBS, and only their electronics are made in China. Everything else is made in the U.S.

Hope this helps.

That’s good to know, because I buy a lot of RCBS stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234