Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your gun show dream gun?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MFGordon View Post
    I feel kind of guilty because I have at least a couple of the "dream guns" named here and I got them cheap.

But one that I won't have to wish for was one that I got two years ago. A fellow member of my pistol club brought down an old Winchester 1894 to sell to our range on a Saturday when there were were only a few people there. He ask if I was interested in a Winchester 94. At first I said no, I ready had one. Then I noticed that it was a take down model. And then I noticed it had a half magazine and a pistol grip stock. On closer inspection I saw a Lyman model 21 sight.

The seller said "make me an offer." I said $300 and he said OK. He agreed to wait while I raced to the the bank and the ATM. When I got back to the range we concluded our deal and I took my new rifle home wrapped in an old blanket I had in my trunk. (The $300 didn't include the case.)

What I got was a well worn but not abused 1906 vintage Winchester Model 1894 Extra LightWeight take down rifle with a 22 inch barrel in .30-30. The bore , after cleaning, is shiny and like new. The rifle is as light as a carbine and handles like a fly rod. The gun is a joy to shoot with mild castloads , either 90 grain bullets for indoor gallery shooting or 170 grain cast bullets out doors at 100 yards.

I realized thai would never find something like this rifle at a gun show. Smarter and quicker buyers than me would have snapped it up in an instant. I guess I have used up all my luck.
    Good Grief! That stuff never happens to me. Congrats on that deal, your lucky to have found that rifle.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    My dream rifle, well I missed out at a gunshow once! This little old man was strolling around with a 336 SC in 35 Rem, a waffle top at that! It also had a Refield peep sight, and a half box of shells. The rifle was in great shape, the only problem I didn't have the $300 that he was asking. I followed that guy around for the better part of an hour, I was trying to think a way to come up with the money. I seen a good friend there, and begged him for the money, and he loaned it to me, and I'll be darned by the time I found the guy he had just sold it! So that taught me a good lesson, never go without cash!

Quote Originally Posted by izzyjoe View Post
    My dream rifle, well I missed out at a gunshow once! This little old man was strolling around with a 336 SC in 35 Rem, a waffle top at that! It also had a Refield peep sight, and a half box of shells. The rifle was in great shape, the only problem I didn't have the $300 that he was asking. I followed that guy around for the better part of an hour, I was trying to think a way to come up with the money. I seen a good friend there, and begged him for the money, and he loaned it to me, and I'll be darned by the time I found the guy he had just sold it! So that taught me a good lesson, never go without cash!
    Happens to me all the time

Boolit Bub
    I have always wanted a HS Precision TD in .308, but would settle for 6.5x55 in a High Wall.

I could get excited about a lever gun chambered for .460S&W to load black in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGordon View Post
    I feel kind of guilty because I have at least a couple of the "dream guns" named here and I got them cheap.

But one that I won't have to wish for was one that I got two years ago. A fellow member of my pistol club brought down an old Winchester 1894 to sell to our range on a Saturday when there were were only a few people there. He ask if I was interested in a Winchester 94. At first I said no, I ready had one. Then I noticed that it was a take down model. And then I noticed it had a half magazine and a pistol grip stock. On closer inspection I saw a Lyman model 21 sight.

The seller said "make me an offer." I said $300 and he said OK. He agreed to wait while I raced to the the bank and the ATM. When I got back to the range we concluded our deal and I took my new rifle home wrapped in an old blanket I had in my trunk. (The $300 didn't include the case.)

What I got was a well worn but not abused 1906 vintage Winchester Model 1894 Extra LightWeight take down rifle with a 22 inch barrel in .30-30. The bore , after cleaning, is shiny and like new. The rifle is as light as a carbine and handles like a fly rod. The gun is a joy to shoot with mild castloads , either 90 grain bullets for indoor gallery shooting or 170 grain cast bullets out doors at 100 yards.

I realized thai would never find something like this rifle at a gun show. Smarter and quicker buyers than me would have snapped it up in an instant. I guess I have used up all my luck.
    well, now I realize what your initials mean
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy
    S&W K-32 and a beretta factory engraved ppk .380
    BD

A Marlin 1894 in 32 H&R magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by gwrench View Post
    A Marlin 1894 in 32 H&R magnum.
    Welcome to the forum. I’m so glad you found my misplaced rifle- return it to me at your convenience!

Most people want lever guns with odd ball calibers or calibers that aren't in mass production. I like those too

Yes, I would love a Ct. made Marlin 1894 in 22 Hornet. I know, fantasy.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had a Marlin 32mag. Bought it with two shots thru it. Someone wanted it alot more that I did. Should have kept it, never did shoot it.

Passed on a Marlin Cowboy once, in 44 mag. for $450. I had the cash, but was looking for a High Wall in 38-55, so didn't buy it. Regret letting that one pass too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I’m so glad you found my misplaced rifle- return it to me at your convenience!
    Thanks for the welcome! Sadly, the Marlin is still in the "dream" stage.

Quote Originally Posted by gwrench View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! Sadly, the Marlin is still in the "dream" stage.
    No problem, my mind and my fingers were obviously in different forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The factory never made a Model 94 in 22 Hornet. Too long to go through the action and all the factory bullets are pointed. They did make a 218 Bee in the Model 1894CL; I have one I bought new in the early 1990's. W/ 6 power Burris scope it shoots minute of walnut @ 100 yards using Hornady 45 grain flatpoints loaded in front of Accurate 1680.

I have already had a couple picks but a gun I have been looking for for a long time is a Mossberg model L.
    It was a low priced single shot 22 rifle that had a martini like dropping block action and was only made for a couple years. I need another gun like I need a hole in my head but I have always wanted and liked oddball things and a model L is one of them.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    25 LB Sharps 44-77

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    25 LB Sharps 44-77
    Now thats an odd caliber...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev18 View Post
    Now thats an odd caliber...
    Comon during the buffalo hunting times. Developed by Sharps in 1869.

Banned
    I like guns, but love reloading tools. My gunshow dream find is a complete Ideal Number 2 lubricating press.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast