Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Browning hammer return springs

Boolit Buddy

Browning hammer return springs

My Browning B.P.C.R. developed a problem of not being able to cock the hammer. I have heard from several people that the hammer return spring wears out and needs replacement. How often does this happen, and should I get some spares ?. Also if this is a weak point, are there better quality replacement springs and where are they available ?.

Boolit Master
    contact texas-mac.com He's the guru on these guns.

Boolit Master
    Springs are catalog items. Browning will just buy springs from a spring maker like Lee Spring.
    To get what you need disassemble your rifle enough to get the spring out of it.
    Measure the length, spring diameter and the wire diameter. Count the coils and measure the spring rate or find someone who can. Then you can order a life time supply.

Lee spring like most companies will offer springs in stainless steel and music wire. Be sure to buy only music wire springs. Stainless steel springs do not work as well for most applications.

Quote Originally Posted by jednorris View Post
    My Browning B.P.C.R. developed a problem of not being able to cock the hammer. I have heard from several people that the hammer return spring wears out and needs replacement. How often does this happen, and should I get some spares ?. Also if this is a weak point, are there better quality replacement springs and where are they available ?.
    EDG

Howdy Jed
    It could be just dirt in the action ,what did with mine I took the wood off and flushed it with WD 40 Blew it out with air and reoiled it , there is also trigger adjustment screw right on the front of the trigger trying adjusting it.