WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: *WTB* - .227/.228 Bullet Mold - Or rent - or buy boolits

Boolit Buddy

*WTB* - .227/.228 Bullet Mold - Or rent - or buy boolits

Hello,

A wonderful old timer, and dear friend of mine at our local club has a Savage 99 chambered in 22 Savage High Power. Bullets are nearly impossible to find, and he's been itching to shoot this rifle for 20 years!

I told him I bet we could come up with a cast boolit load and that I would teach him the in's and out's of casting. We tried an NOE mold, but after 1.5 years of testing, testing, testing, that boolit is just too long to stabilize for the twist of his barrel. So we are looking for something different.

In a perfect world I would love to buy a Lyman 228367. We have a box of 60 of these bullets I found at a gunshow and they work great!

Also, another good one for us would be the RCBS 22-060-FN. Which throws a 60gr gas checked boolit.

But if you guys have any other molds that you could part with, we can try them.

This gentleman has been a mentor to me in many things, so I really want to get a load working for him. I would be interested in buying the mold outright, renting the mold, or just buying a large batch of boolits.

Last edited by dkf; 01-07-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast Bullet engineering has 3 very nice looking options for the 22 Savage High Power.
    I ordered a mold for my 310 Cadet. I couldn't be happier.

http://us.castbulletengineering.com....le/228-calibre

Boolit Man
    I have an Ideal 228367 mold, not for sale. However, I will cast some bullets. How many do you need? I don't have a .228'' sizing die so they will be as cast.

Boolit Buddy
    And that's what makes this place so great. I would take Mr. Forsberg up on his offer!

On a side note, there is also an Active Buy being run for a .227 22Hornet being run. It might work for you as well.

Moderator Emeritus

PM sent about a older 22 Bator mold

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-mold-caution
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Lee, Thank you. I'm so happy that someone has that mold. I sent you a PM.

Also, Jon: I would be very interested in that as well. I have a very good feeling that a Bator Bullet would be excellent in his rifle and hard hitting if he chooses to small game hunt with it. I sent you a PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for everyone's input and offers. I think we have come up with a plan that will get my friend shooting his 22 Savage High Power by late spring. Plan so far is:

Jon and I are going to collaborate on the Lee Bator Bullet.

Lee has kindly offered to cast some 228367 with his single cavity mold so we can get started with load development and testing.

And finally, another member here, who has asked to remain anonymous, a masked boolit caster, the ilk of Bruce Wayne (with the stealth skills to boot), has offered to cast a large quantity of boolits with is 4 cavity version of the 228367. However, this individual is currently scheduled for several perilous missions for the next month or so and thus must set the priority of casting this boolit booty aside for now. But will cast when finished with the technical operations currently needing completion.

With all this in place, my friend should have the load information and enough bullets to last him a long while.

Thanks everyone

Boolit Buddy
    We have all we need now. Thanks everyone!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-(of-Haribos)

Boolit Buddy
    ..forgot to close