Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1874 sharps?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunlaker View Post
    Sac, is it a bull barreled Sharps that you are after? I've had one on order since 2017 ( the bull barreled rifles are only made occasionally, and I think the 1877 development put those off a little in time ). When I placed the order with Lucinda she said "you know that we aren't likely to make this rifle for a very long time". I told here I was OK with that . Mine is going to be a 16 lb Long Range Express in .45-2.6".

Interestingly enough, the fastest Shiloh I've ever ordered was a bull barreled rifle. Shiloh announced that they were doing a bull barrel run and that if anyone wanted one to get their orders in quickly. I put mine in and got my Shiloh #3 with a 14lb barrel in .45-2-7/8 maybe 16 months later if I remember. Actual weight is 15lbs. It's a great shooter and the felt recoil is no more than my .45-70's.

Chris.
    I called Shiloh last week as Don suggested, and she said they where thinking ov doing a run of them this year. Now I need to make up my mind if I want a bull barrel and what caliber for sure. I have a Pedersoli in 45-90 and three other rifles in 45-70, so I'm thinking something in 44-77 or 40-90.

Boolit Buddy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    WBH.
    Here is a true Buffalo rifle that has downed two. Can I get that much money for this Shiloh .44-77 ?

Attachment 255027
    I think "Original" was the key word on the ones I saw at those prices
    So many toys........so little time.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Sac, the best use of a heavy barrel I think is to stick with one of those cartridges that is burning something north of 90 grains of powder.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Good points on investment castings and customer service.
    I'm not dead set against investment castings: While I do have forged S&W revolvers, I have many more investment cast Rugers!
    Guns of both processes do their job well.
    Price being the same, and both guns being high quality, I'd go with a forged gun over a cast one.
    Customer service is super important... I've heard of the C. Sharps attitude driving people down the road, and can't say I'd blame them.
    I once went to the LGS around opening time one day, went in, and the owner started screaming at me! He asked me how in the %&^$#@! I got in, as they weren't open yet. I calmly explained that the door was unlocked, and it was only a few minutes before the posted opening time. I then tongue in cheek asked if I could stay, promising not to ask any questions, and stay out of the way until they officially opened (again, in something like two minutes!).
    The owner grudgingly said "OK"... I looked around for a bit, then left and went about three miles down the road to the biggest gun store in the area and bought something from them instead.
    The first shop didn't last long... It's not lamented.
    Had a similar experience at a multi vendor flea market about a month ago. Spent my money with someone else as well.
    I won't spend money with people that antagonize their potential customers.

-Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12