Lee PrecisionWidenersADvertise hereRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/2" at what range

Like I said my Marlin will at 25. My German rifles will at 50 but not consistently with bulk ammo because of flyers.
    Joshua 1:9

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Are you stating it shoots 1/2" group are 50 or what the OP is asking? The OP is asking at what distance you can put all shots INSIDE a 1/2" circle. To do that you need to shoot a sub .278 group.
    You are damn right you have to shoot a sub .278 " group, rarely does a group center perfectly on the point of aim. What the OP is really asking is at what range can you always shoot a perfect score with an X ring that is a 0.056" dot. One click on a typical scope is 0.125" at 50 yards so you are going to be holding off a bit on both windage and elevation. I originally said no problem at 25 yards but I think maybe I was too quick to jump. I still think I can do it quite often at 25 yards but I am not so sure it is as easy as I thought.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    "I still think I can do it quite often at 25 yards but I am not so sure it is as easy as I thought."

Words that are TRUE!

I never realized how true this is until I started playing them posted games on Rimfire Central! Sometimes it took 2 boxes of ammo, several targets, and all morning, to make the cut! I had lots and lots of photo proof on RFC until photo bucket screwed everyone over and my pictures where lost!
    Last edited by Thundarstick; 01-09-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Boolit Master

Best I've managed was when I had the opportunity to shoot my old Winchester 52B on a 100 yard indoor range. Prone, shooting coat, sling, and a 16x Unertl, I was able to drop 10 rounds of Eley Team (basically factory seconds or thirds off the Ten-X production line) into 5/8".

My CZ452 has held 1/2" consistently at 50 yards with Wolf Match Target, but it took replacement of the sear to de-creep the trigger.
    WWJMBD?

"I'M MELLLLLLLLLLTING!" - Elphaba

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123