WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: AR15 trigger upgrade

Boolit Master

AR15 trigger upgrade

I just ordered a Rise Sporting trigger for my daughter. Could not pass up the price at Aim, 89 plus tax with pins. Gets good reviews, hope she likes it.

Boolit Buddy
    Pretty sure I have one of these. It's a nice trigger and a great value.

Banned

Ive got two of them. GIAINT step above milspec. I also like the psa 2 stage that they sell for around 60 bucks but to me a two stage is a good hunting and target trigger but I prefer a single stage for defense.

Boolit Master

Lloyd, I would love a 2 stage in my 300 BO. Been really wanting the Geissele Hi-speed National Match. Just can't justify it for a rifle that will never see competition.

The only aftermarket trigger I have used is the Geissele SSA and it is a great trigger, but a little pricey at $179 when on sale at PSA. It is worth the money but gets expensive with multiple ARs. I will follow this thread as I am always looking for less expensive ways to improve trigger pulls. A competition shooter in TN where my wife lives showed me how to bend AR trigger springs to reduce the weight. It definitely reduced the pull weight, but I have concerns about ignition and reliability. Time and shooting this spring will tell.
    Tony

I sure like my Velocity self contained trigger.

Boolit Master

I shoot bench rest rifles for fun, I am a bit of a trigger snob as they all have 1.5 oz. trigger pulls. I would never consider that light for a shoulder borne rifle. My daughter shoots those on the bench, but I think about 3.5 pounds will be perfect for the AR and steel plates.

Banned

Larue MBT-2 or -1. I have a couple of the -2 and love them. For about $87 they are awesome. The -2 is a 2 stage and the -1 is single.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    The only aftermarket trigger I have used is the Geissele SSA and it is a great trigger, but a little pricey at $179 when on sale at PSA. It is worth the money but gets expensive with multiple ARs. I will follow this thread as I am always looking for less expensive ways to improve trigger pulls. A competition shooter in TN where my wife lives showed me how to bend AR trigger springs to reduce the weight. It definitely reduced the pull weight, but I have concerns about ignition and reliability. Time and shooting this spring will tell.
    Tony

That sounds interesting. When I did the JP reduced power springs in my AR I ended up cutting the spur off the back of the hammer to make it look more like JP's. It worked well for me didn't have a problem with steel case 5.56 even. Add the grip screw mod to it and you've got a not bad trigger for very minimal money.

If you're doing 80% and you're careful you can keep the floor below the trigger a bit higher and eliminate a lot of the rack trigger's take up.

Banned

don't know who actually makes those psa 2 stage but ive gotten them from psa and delta tactical and there the same. There not perfect but like I said for 60 bucks there a good value. Anymore I buy parts kits minus the firing group and save 20 or 30 bucks and buy one of those for 60 so it cost me 30 for a big upgrade. Ive got enough psa trigger groups in the drawer from ones I replaced with aftermarket so even when im building a beat ar I buy parts kits sans the fireing group.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Lloyd, I would love a 2 stage in my 300 BO. Been really wanting the Geissele Hi-speed National Match. Just can't justify it for a rifle that will never see competition.

Boolit Buddy
    Another vote for the Larue trigger! I have the two stage version and it is superb. For less than 90 bucks, you cannot find a better trigger and the quality of materials and manufacture are second to none.

Boolit Buddy
    Anybody use these FM Products Premium Match Grade nickel boron 2 Stage Competition AR-15 Trigger Group $75.00
    Last edited by krallstar; 01-09-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Larue MBT-2 or -1. I have a couple of the -2 and love them. For about $87 they are awesome. The -2 is a 2 stage and the -1 is single.
    ^^This^^, for the win.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.