MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storage Bins you use for boolits?

Dish and laundry detergent pod tubs. The round larger tide tubs are great for brass, the rectangular dish detergent for bullets and have nice lids.
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Boolit Buddy
    I use coffee plastic cans. The maxwell house cans are squared off and stack well. I use a paint pen on the lid. I write caliber and mold info on the lid. Brass gets All Detergent containers. Taller than a coffee can but similar size around also squared off. I write what caliber on the outside and leave a note inside where I’m at on this brass. Cleaned, resized, primed for example.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by psychbiker View Post
    I'm looking for a more consistent setup. Currently using a mix of emptied costco peanut jars and dog treat jars. I don't like how they don't consistently stack and fit on the reloading bench.

Amazon has these 40oz square jars with lids. Not sure on the stacking. Comes out to just above $2 each with shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Accgu...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Good reviews on these buddeez bits and bolts containers with lids. I guess they are heavy duty. Cheapest is costco but with shipping it's $2.70 each.

I checked one of the dollar stores near me and selection was terrible. I'm checking walmart later today. I want to be able to stack them. Worst case I can lay a piece of 1/8" wood across the top to help spread the weight.
    I use those and they work really well. They stack securely and they hold probably around 500 9mm easily. Plus you can admire your pretty coated boolits unlike the empty Folger's containers I had been using

Boolit Master

I have been using screw top “peanut butter” jars. They work great for 98% of my bullets. Only the largest heaviest need two and then bullets I use allot of need far and away larger containers. IINM the plastic jars are 14/16 oz sizes.

Before that small HD boxes and quart freexer zip lock bags where used on the floor. With the jars I made a rack from 2x10 lumber and can hold many many more. My rack is attached floor ro ceiling rafters in basement.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I have tried several things to store cast bullets but I like flexibility. Rigid containers are not flexible. They look really nice when they are full or even half full, but they look silly sitting on my shelf when empty or nearly empty. And they require the same shelf storage space as when full. Soo ...

I now use zip loc baggies. Cheep and they store well, requiring only the needed shelf space. I can drop in data sheets to tell me what alloy and mold, if water dropped, the date cast and, if sized and lubed, what the sized diameter is, what lube was used and - if known - what the load and accuracy was. When a bag is empty it can immediately be reused by tossing the enclosed info sheet and adding a new one.
    Last edited by 1hole; 01-11-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Banned
    Nice topic, I have given this some thought as I am addicted to peanut butter, Skippy Super Chunk, and go through a large jar in a week or less.

Currently there is 7 empty jars and another that is getting there fast. I am saving them for those here on the board that can use them.

If that is you, please send a PM with your mailing address.

Ken

Boolit Grand Master
    We have such a diversity of solutions. That is why this forum is so great. It is interesting how the solutions are all good ones. Obviously, someone who shoot a lot of a few calibers, in a limited range of bullets, has larger containers than someone who shoots a lot of calibers in a wide range of bullet types. And those that are somewhere in between

Certainly proof that "one size does not fit all"
    Don Verna

I don't have any one size or type that will do it all...mine is a conglomeration of containers.

One thing is fore sure & certain...you better have strong shelves!

Immediate use brass is in the Salsa containers on the open shelves and storage of brass is in the drawers below in gallon zip lock bags.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Costco pretzel jars. I found a place that sells new ones cheap, but shipping is expensive.

My mom works at Safeway, and I told her to keep an eye out for these bulk food dispensers for loaded rounds. I just like the idea of them.
    They would work great for cast boolits too. Just dispense what you need. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190831_163418.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	254424

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    Costco pretzel jars. I found a place that sells new ones cheap, but shipping is expensive.

My mom works at Safeway, and I told her to keep an eye out for these bulk food dispensers for loaded rounds. I just like the idea of them.
    They would work great for cast boolits too. Just dispense what you need. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190831_163418.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	254424

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    This is awesome!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I have tried several things to store cast bullets but I like flexibility. Rigid containers are not flexible. They look really nice when they are full or even half full, but they look silly sitting on my shelf when empty or nearly empty. And they require the same shelf storage space as when full. Soo ...

I now use zip loc baggies. Cheep and they store well, requiring only the needed self space. I can drop in data sheets to tell me what alloy and mold, if water dropped, the date cast and, if sized and lubed, what the sized diameter is, what lube was used and - if known - what the load and accuracy was. When a bag is empty it can immediately be reused by tossing the enclosed info sheet and adding a new one.
    I do that for brass. A quart bag of 9mm is 400 or so, and a couple bags worth is a decent reloading session. I use gallon bags for bulk storage, stacked in five gallon buckets or in big ULine storage bins.

So far I've just scooped out boolits as needed, from the crates and buckets they're in, but maybe the Ziplok bags would work for that too.

I am a certified pack rat, just ask my wife. I have containers of all shapes and sizes. Round and square nut jars, large plastic round jars that pretzels come in are great for empty brass. Yogurt and cream cheese containers for cast bullets and those little black plastic containers that Berry's bullets come in also work great for cast bullets and also for loaded bulk 45acp rounds. As I recall I can get 164 of them when stacked 2 high with a cardboard in-between.

Boolit Grand Master
    Best I've used is empty Meow Mix square plastic containers.
    Just the right size so I don't struggle carrying it when full.
    Square sides take up less space.
    For lubed and sized, I use CCI 22 plastic boxes.
    Free and easy to organize.

Boolit Buddy
    I have used peanut butter containers for years, but have recently switched to Costco nut containers. Having a square not round profile, allows less wasted storage space. And one will hold a 20 lb. casting session. I usually cast a 20 lb. pot at a time.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    $1 store. 3 for $1,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1E9B53D-6702-4830-9EFE-D61A640C58A8.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	254576

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I use rectangular plastic bins.I get them from dollar tree. They sit nice next to ea other. I label them what weight and diameter boolets are in them.
    https://www.dollartree.com/essential...anizers/219325
    https://www.dollartree.com/essential...3frac12/219336
    Same thing I use, from Dollar General. Each will hold 100 rounds of .38 cartridges or .357, and about 50 .45 Colt.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LabGuy View Post
    I have used peanut butter containers for years, but have recently switched to Costco nut containers. Having a square not round profile, allows less wasted storage space. And one will hold a 20 lb. casting session. I usually cast a 20 lb. pot at a time.
    I have lots of those too. I’m surprised that I haven’t gotten fat from eating all those nuts ;^].

They’re great for medium scale storage, but a bit small for my boolit and brass needs. I use them for other storage, and as the container for HiTek coating (I think the rectangular sides do a good job tumbling the boolits).

Boolit Grand Master

I cease to be amazed at how resourceful you guys are at repurposing stuff. I shouldn't be, I guess, as we all pretty much repurpose lead! Plastic jars and jugs with screw on lids seem to be a little more sturdy that plastic coffee cans. I use a variety of containers with screw on lids for bullets. I like the plastic coffee cans for brass but they seem kind of thin for lead. I'll stack them 3 high when full of brass. Square does make better use of space but it don't bother me to use round containers. Clear containers allow you to see whats inside but I write on all of them. Lots of time I'll put a note inside too.
    Last edited by lightman; 01-13-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I use Pure Leaf ice tea bottles. The cap is wider than the neck which helps when lifting them, they don't want to slip through your hand. Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but there is a second bottle (also labeled) behind each with unpainted boolits in it. When I run low on painted boolits I paint 300 at a time in my convection oven and restock the front bottle. When the bottle with the raw boolits runs low I cast more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tea bottles (800x523).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	254700
    Last edited by The Dar; 01-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Reloaders, as a whole, have been recyclers since before it became chic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast