WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storage Bins you use for boolits?

Boolit Buddy

Storage Bins you use for boolits?

I'm looking for a more consistent setup. Currently using a mix of emptied costco peanut jars and dog treat jars. I don't like how they don't consistently stack and fit on the reloading bench.

Amazon has these 40oz square jars with lids. Not sure on the stacking. Comes out to just above $2 each with shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Accgu...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Good reviews on these buddeez bits and bolts containers with lids. I guess they are heavy duty. Cheapest is costco but with shipping it's $2.70 each.

I checked one of the dollar stores near me and selection was terrible. I'm checking walmart later today. I want to be able to stack them. Worst case I can lay a piece of 1/8" wood across the top to help spread the weight.

Boolit Grand Master

I used to use cigar boxes but they are getting harder to find. Mostly now days I recycle plastic jugs. A friends Wife saves them for me from Her workplace. The ones She saves are from coffee sweeter and flavored coffee with the screw on tops and wide mouths. I set them in there gently by hand. They stack ok but not great.

Moderator Emeritus

Bion, I was faced with similar bullet-storage, as well as empty-case storage challenges, and (my past "regular") metal coffee cans now pretty much ('cept Chock full of Nuts) going to plastic -- that whichever I sought was the last one I came upon -- dictating I update my storage. I was faced, also, the price of each plus durability -- e.g., plastic shoe storage boxes from Wally World seemed to crack almost all by themselves -- so I ended up purchasing and using cardboard boxes I bought from u-Line. [ https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds ]. Using labels at each box end I make on a Brother Q500 printer, it is now what I easy to find that which I'm seeking -- and while I do not recall the price I paid for each, it was quite reasonable. I will add one extra expense -- I ran a length of Scotch packaging tape on the inside, as well as outside of each box to (hopefully) insure it's durability -- which has, so far, worked better than expected.
    Just something you may look into....
    geo

P.S.: I do not (yet) powder coat -- so all bullets are first placed in store-brand equivalent Zip Lock freezer bags to hopefully slow down oxidation.
    geo

Boolit Master
    I just switched to use penny boxes from the bank. I work in convenience retail and one of my stores goes through a box every other day so they save some of them for me. Strong durable boxes that stack nicely. Male friendly with a local retailer or bank and ask if they’ll save them for you and their free.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use the cardboard boxes that commercial bullets come in. Not great but they work.

I also use .30 cal ammunition boxes. I like them as they do not need to be stacked being tall and thin.
    Don Verna

I use mainly these that my brother use and I take the empty for my boolits Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	880 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	254270
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I use various cans, notably however is the lunch meat containers from Walmart brand ham. We like their ham and the containers are solid. I mostly use those for lubed bullets. I use metal formula cans for unlubed. I use a lot of filters cans for brass and occasionally bullets.

Sour cream, cottage cheese or cool whip containers.
    Wish list. Things my daughter and I are looking for.

Ideal and Lyman HP pins
    Kimber micro 9 mags
    Star die removal tool, 430 die & TP.
    Cocking stud and ejector Stevens 15a

Boolit Master
    For me two words, coffee cans!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Attachment 254281

I mark between the handhold what is in it. Acetone takes the markings off for new label if needed. Works for me.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

peanut butter jars, the taller peanut jars. clear square nut jars. Most anything that is clear and will hold at least 250 plus depending on size of bullet.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Attachment 254281

I mark between the handhold what is in it. Acetone takes the markings off for new label if needed. Works for me.

Slim
    Did you sneak into my store room and take a picture of my brass stash? Nah, the floor area in the picture is too clean! I use PVC cleaner to remove the sharpie marks, probably the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk1 View Post
    cool whip containers.
    Those are also redneck salad bowls. I have a whole set.

In the shop, I store almost everything in blue or red plastic coffee containers, and label 'em with a sharpie.
    They seal & stack OK. And gasoline or thinners don't melt them.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I was getting half gal cans from a business I have a good supply works great for me to store cast bullets
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Quote Originally Posted by psychbiker View Post
    I'm looking for a more consistent setup. Currently using a mix of emptied costco peanut jars and dog treat jars. I don't like how they don't consistently stack and fit on the reloading bench.

Amazon has these 40oz square jars with lids. Not sure on the stacking. Comes out to just above $2 each with shipping.

Good reviews on these buddeez bits and bolts containers with lids. I guess they are heavy duty. Cheapest is costco but with shipping it's $2.70 each.

I checked one of the dollar stores near me and selection was terrible. I'm checking walmart later today. I want to be able to stack them. Worst case I can lay a piece of 1/8" wood across the top to help spread the weight.
    Peanut butter jars. They stack. Unfortunately my son has moved out and I cannot eat peanut butter. To make sure I won't eat any my Mrs. threw out all my son left behind. But I do have 6 jars and they are made to stack.

ACC

harbor freight 3.00 plastic ammo cans
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

I use these for my boolit castings. The plastic red folgers coffee cans for my brass. Works great. I figured the added cost was just an investment in sturdy boolit storage.

Boolit Master

I did a quick calculation. One of containers filled with cast boolits would weigh between 25 and 30 pounds and hold a LOT of boolits. I discovered a solution after receiving a mold from NOE. The boxes the molds come in is perfect for about a hundred odd boolits and easy to handle and move around. They are from uline.https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSea...Is3DimSearch=Y

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Storage Bins you use for boolits?

If your looking to buy ones for smaller quantity I have had good luck with the MTM bullet boxes which you can get from amazon.

MTM Cast Bullet Box (Clear Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00740288G..._3JOeEbC96H28F

I have access to an old supply of Remington Jacketed bullets in various calibers and these are identical dimensions to the boxes they used to ship 45 caliber bullets in but made with clear plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Attachment 254281

Slim
    Yep , same here , but only two cans high , my shelves are already sagging a bit ....
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast