RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Storage Bins you use for boolits?

Banned
    I use 1lb or 3lb empty coffee cans. Generally 3lb for cast bullets, 1lb for sized and lubed bullets and ammo cans for loaded rounds. They stack nice and look ok in the garage.

Shoe or boot sized plastic storage boxes for brass. Mostly from Home Depot. Have a heavy metal book shelf these fit on well. Can get many hundreds of 38 special brass in one. Plenty of room for bolt rifle brass in one. The auto loaders have more than one box Sometimes with whole box at some stage of brass processing such as trimming or primer crimp removal. Use paper stick on labels with a black marker. Come off with a brief blast of heat from a blow dryer.

I can slip 30 caliber ammo cans under the bottom shelf of reloading bench so those are what most cast bullets go in. Those get stick on white label filled out with black marker to designate caliber or relevant information. I can lift a 30 caliber ammo can full, no interest in lifting a 50 caliber can. Sometimes will have more than one ammo can per caliber based on current inventory of cast.

Those plastic $3 Harbor Freight ammo boxes hold much of the finished ammo. Some such as boxed shotgun go in larger metal ammo cans. Limited production loads go in Plano hinged boxes on 2x6 shelves with other commercial boxes.

Zip lock (mostly store brand) with a paper label in them provide subdivisions for all the containers I use that require some sort of batch grouping by head stamp, mold, alloy, or stage of processing. In HF box of 38 special there may be 2 or 3 zip lock baggies with different loads. Slip of paper in the baggie can record whatever I want to know about that load.

I use the square plastic cases stubach linked to earlier for small batches of finished cast bullets. Such as different alloy or different hollow point pin etc. Might cast up 500 SWC but only a hundred or so of some HP bullet. That hundred or so go in the square plastic boxes. I buy them for a good price at gun show. Always buy a couple or 4 (come in 2 packs) when I attend a show. Makes for a decent collection eventually.

Lots of coffee cans, round and red. Paper stick on labels, black marker, cover label with some clear packing tape to help protect and prevent peeling off. Odd batches of brass sometimes go in those square plastic peanut containers. I have but seldom use 45 acp brass or 40 S&W brass but have some. Those are in those peanut containers with paper stick on labels. Maybe a slip of paper inside. Clear may help me avoid having to dig through containers trying to locate something I haven't used in a long time.

Bought some 25 lb. shot bags from Rotometals for use with buckshot, they also work well for round ball or to store bulk bullets away from the "production" area.

P.S I have been listening to hold music on the phone the entire time I was typing this. Gads it's like my time has no value.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    I use plastic cans from dollar tree they are semi transparent and come in 1gal and 1/2gal sizes with white lids. The 1gal ones are about the same size as a Folgers coffee can, I have put over 30lbs of bullets in one with no problems. I recently got rid of the mixed containers and moved everything over to these cans since they are heavy duty plastic and will last forever. here is the link to what I think is the same thing in 3 quart size. https://www.dollartree.com/plastic-c...ds-3-qt/138954

Hi, first post here. I use plastic or foam ammo trays from factory boxes and store the lubed bullets in them upside down. When loading, I place the tray on a board or something and flip it to have them all facing upright and easy to grab and sticky-lubed bullets separated. Having stacks of 50 rounds in plastic tote boxes makes inventory easy at a glance.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    A mix of "whatever" so far mostly; Shoe boxes from local stores, rectangular bottles for cat treats, cardboard boxes, sort of a mess.

Once I move I'll have far better designed storage and I am thinking of using these,

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/...lastic_jug/574 (the 64 ouncers)

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/..._container/575 (the 129 ouncers)

Moderator Emeritus

Albeit I posted what I do for storage of brass (#2, hereabove), I could not locate a photo at the time -- but, I just did). Here's what part of my brass storage looks like; total is on seven shelves -- with seven boxes time two (fourteen) boxes on each -- ninety-eight total boxes. With the labels on each end, it makes it ever so easy to grab the calibre I desire! Note I do not have the brass "loose" in each box, but generally sorted by quantity (50 or 100), brass or nickel, and/or head-stamp, all in Zip-lock type plastic freezer bags.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brass storage.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	255849
    geo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    A mix of "whatever" so far mostly; Shoe boxes from local stores, rectangular bottles for cat treats, cardboard boxes, sort of a mess.

Once I move I'll have far better designed storage and I am thinking of using these,

I have used similar containers in the past and have found over long periods of time they become brittle and prone to cracking especially at the corners. Just an FYI, I still use them but I’m cautious.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    StuBach, good to know in advance. Hmmm.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post

Those 32oz are exactly what I'm looking for. I think its the same size as Costco peanuts. Walmart sells them but at $3.30 each. I'm gonna see if they have these locally and save on shipping.

What is the stackable weight you think? I best 20lbs of bullets will fit in there no prob.

Boolit Master

I ordered 4x4x4 cardboard boxes from Uline, much like what commercial casters use. Also ordered 4x4x8 boxes for brass storage.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Man
    Been using Macro style bins for cast bullets I load often and used boxes from commercial bullet makers. Going to check out U-Line to see if they have any Berry style/size boxes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234