Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Uberti Deer Kill

Another Uberti Deer Kill

He moseyed out at 41 yds. and stopped long enough for me to take the shot. A 4 3/4" Uberti Frisco 45 Colt loaded with 9.5 gr. Power Pistol under a 288 gr. cast SWC from an RCBS 45-270SAA mould. MV averages 983 fps and it's an extremely accurate load out to 75 yds. He ran off maybe 25 yds. and was stone cold dead when I got there.

Pretty good damage from a relatively slow and non-expanding bullet. Complete penetration, of course.

35W
    Last edited by 35 Whelen; 01-05-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Awesome job man, thanks for sharing!

Boolit Master

Well done !!

Dead Is Dead

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

Very nice shot with a very nice SA revolver. That is a pretty potent package from the looks of things. You get extra points when you use a handgun.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Banned

Well done!

This needs to be posted in the thread about first and probably last cast bullet deer in the Cast Boolits forum.

Boolit Master

Great shot
    Thank you for sharing
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Well done!

This needs to be posted in the thread about first and probably last cast bullet deer in the Cast Boolits forum.
    Agreed

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words guys. I sure get a lot of pleasure out of using the fixed-sighted, utility type revolvers for deer.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Well done!

Done, with more examples of how cast boolits WORK!!

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Most excellent shooting! I hadn't thought of trying Power Pistol in my 45LC's finding it quite accurate in my 40Cal but flashy. I think I'll load a few 260grs up today and see what I think.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    Nice shooting, thanks for sharing.

Congrats ! That little guy never knew what happened. Nice story, pics and your six gun is really a beauty.

Jedman

Boolit Master

congratulations!
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I have tat same revolver. It's in the shop getting a .45 acp cylinder fitted.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Most excellent shooting! I hadn't thought of trying Power Pistol in my 45LC's finding it quite accurate in my 40Cal but flashy. I think I'll load a few 260grs up today and see what I think.
    Bear in mind my load is a 20,000 psi load. Here's an article on the bullet that includes three levels of loads- RCBS 45-270-SAA

Therein are actually a few 14,000 psi loads that's run around 1,000 fps.

35W

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Now this just can't be! Everyone knows that since the LBT WFN and LFN came about that the lowly Kieth bullet suddenly became completely obsolete and ineffective, even mice still scurry away after receiving a 250 grain Keith through the shoulders! Nice shot!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Perfect shot in my book. That hole poked right through him. Too bad our holiday hunt didn’t extend longer. We’re all done here for the season in my neck of the woods for firearm use on deer. I finally got my new vaquero shooting on center and start pulling to the left with my cast lee 255 grainers loaded with 5.2 grains of trailboss. I’m sure it’s way to slow on velocity to go hunt a deer with but I can hit a quarter at 15 yards pretty consistently and shotgun shells one after another at 25 yards. I’ll have to run it through the chronograph and probably beef it up and velocity and work out to longer distances. With a red dot I have no problems on a pistol shooting long distance. I’ve taken deer out to 150 yards with the help of a tasco PDP3. I’ve never been brave enough to go out with opens and give it a shot. My eyes have never been good enough but now that I had Lasic surgery I might have to give it a try.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-05-2020 at 10:39 AM.

GREAT JOB and good shooting. I have wasted a lot of time over thinking my bullet and velocity choices for .45 Colt! I am looking forward to next season hunting with my Blackhawk! hc18flyer

Boolit Master

Perfect shot. A big slap on the back for your handgun hunt!

I use the RCBS boolit in 250 gr in my 45's, and get the same results. Both the 250 and 270 gr RCBS have a huge meplat, and it really thumps when it hits.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Whelen View Post
    Bear in mind my load is a 20,000 psi load. Here's an article on the bullet that includes three levels of loads- RCBS 45-270-SAA

Therein are actually a few 14,000 psi loads that's run around 1,000 fps.

35W
    No worries on that part. All of my 45LC's are Blackhawks however, thanks for the reminder.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    well done yummy trophy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast