WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mec

Boolit Master
    I load 10,12,20,&410 it’s more than worth it to me. A few boxes for hunting more than pays for the equipment .

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I got my first mec in 1980. A 600 model. A demo missing some parts for 25 bucks. Cost me another 10 bucks and I was ready to go. Still have it and use it. Also 3 more, for doing 10, 16, and 20. Unless your on the circuit, a 600 will do you fine.

I load on a Mec 650 just like that. That one looks like it was rarely used. If it has the rest of the priming system I’d go for it. If not you can replace it, but I would definitely haggle for $50 off since the new priming system is $100 if I remember correctly.
    I,m biased I like reloading shotshell more than metallic pistol. I will warn you the twelve guage is a pig so you’ll need to buy powder by the keg. I also buy reclaimed lead and buy components on sale.
    One thing you should ask yourself is how close do you live to a Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays course? Could you make to one most weekends or would it be a special occasion. I’m twenty minutes away from three great place. If you’re close like me BUY IT!

On a side note, there isn’t anything wrong with a Lee Loadall, but a MEC will run hundred of thousands of rounds long after the Lee is worn out and shot.

Boolit Grand Master
    I HATE MEC's. Buy a large cookie sheet and bolt it between the press and table. You will understand why after a couple of hours. But I started with a MEC 600 and made useable shells with it. Decent little machine if you do not shoot a lot, but you will not save much unless making hunting loads or 410/28 ga.

I used to load 15-20K 12 ga shells a year and volume shooters still load 12 ga and save money. It is NOT for the casual user if you want to bust 50-100 birds every couple of weeks. It pays if you shoot a lot and buy in bulk. My practice trap load costs $4.09 a box. Over 10k shells than is a saving of $600. I use a PW 800+ and paid it off in my first year.

I use two PW 375 for 12 and 20 ga hunting loads and 28 ga. One of the best single stage loaders out there and it can be set up for two gauges at one time.
    Don Verna

Well. I fixed the missing primer feed tube, by using an aluminum arrow shaft and Swaging one end a bit, the primer installation punch was under 20 and I have a mec dealer I drive past twice every work day. It now runs with a little cleaning and oil. Found a mec sizer for 35 today close enough to pick up this weekend.
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by okietwolf View Post
    Well. I fixed the missing primer feed tube, by using an aluminum arrow shaft and Swaging one end a bit, the primer installation punch was under 20 and I have a mec dealer I drive past twice every work day. It now runs with a little cleaning and oil. Found a mec sizer for 35 today close enough to pick up this weekend.
    Your hooked now .

Banned
    I have a MEC 600 JR in 12 gauge, lots of empty cases AA , Rem, Green, Wads including AA wads. Will sell all for $75.00 but you must live ner Colorado springs. Too much to ship. Call 719-282-3499. or contact dworley790@gmail.com. donald duck

Donald Duck....north east Ohio here wanna pick a spot in the middle to meet? Lol
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I load 10,12,20,&410 it’s more than worth it to me. A few boxes for hunting more than pays for the equipment .
    I do the same as you I load the same ones, and it is worth it for me also because I can make up some shorts in 10, 12 and 20 that I will be working on to do soon. but the other 2 I have the data to load and one I made my own data like I will do for 20 , I got my reloaders some time ago , It is worth it for me .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123