Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When is a lie a sin

Boolit Master
    So.... If after several times of my 5 year old granddaughter being scolded by her “Nonna” (grandma) for not picking up her crayons when she’s done, she finishes coloring, grabs her books, stuffs her colors quickly into the box, and makes a hasty exit to play outside with her best friend...
    Grandma is later sweeping after the playtime is over and the two children are settling down for a sleep-over, when from under the couch (where my granddaughter was coloring earlier) a white crayon that was missed in haste rolls out into view....
    “Nonna” lifts the crayon with her thumb and forefinger, looks across it in that “”caught you” manner all children are familiar with, and asks, “Is this your’s???”....
    The 5 year old, sure she’d made a valiant effort to police her play area, nervously answers, “No, Nonna”... Knowing full well she was busted, but struggling with how the crayon escaped her earlier, she utters a “white lie” in her confusion...

On the other side of the world, a serial child molesting, child murdering, psychopath is enjoying a fresh bowl of soup he just made out of his last 5 year old victim.....

Suddenly, the World ends... BEFORE either can “ask for forgiveness”, or repent their “sins”.

Are both denied entrance into Heaven?
    Does anyone actually believe:
    1)ALL sins are equal.
    2)ALL lies are sins.
    3)God sees ALL sins as “the same”
    ...???

If you answered “Yes” to those three questions, I am glad that I will never agree with you.
    I’ll continue to believe God “Judges” because all things are NOT equal... There would be NO need for judgement if the criteria described by some here were God’s view on the question... “Heaven” would be a very lonely place, and practically empty when it’s over.

Use a little common sense, please.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cainttype View Post
    im.....

Suddenly, the World ends... BEFORE either can “ask for forgiveness”, or repent their “sins”.

Are both denied entrance into Heaven?
    Does anyone actually believe:
    1)ALL sins are equal.
    2)ALL lies are sins.
    3)God sees ALL sins as “the same”
    ...???
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

It's men, nor God who are legalistic fools - "Break the Law and you die!" is foolish. Above all else, God judges the heart and there is no evil intent or harm to anyone in your examples.

Truth is, not all un-truths are lies; the Commandment says not to bear false witness against someone, meaning a lie is something that causes harm to the innocent. Ergo, your examples are not sins and God knows the difference if some men do not.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue in men and the common answers on "lies" to those questions seem to bring out the more nonsensical errors of legalistic men better than most.
    Last edited by 1hole; 03-12-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345