RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead-1 Passed

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I read the comments in the obituary on the site . It's so hard to lose the good ones who touched others lives . When our Lord takes us home it's really all that we leave behind us that matters .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

I know we all have our time, and I also know that it's not something we need to dread as much as most of us do. But I also know that many of us have things we want to do that will leave our world a better place, and those lives we touch a little richer, more satisfying and insightful. We are told we're given about 70 years in which to prove ourselves to our Lord, and why He has given me an extra year beyond that I do not know. I only know I could have done nothing to "deserve" it, even at my best. It's GRACE that we need, and it's grace that the Lord gives us in abundance. As I said, we all have our time, but Christ also told us to ask, and it shall be given. So we're all praying for you here, including many who haven't posted, and when many good men pray for you, your outlook just HAS to be a lot better. Christ answers all prayers, and there's a good chance He'll answer our prayers for another great healing on your part, or if not a full healing, a reprieve that you should find very satisfying. I know I'm humbled every day when I wake up alive, and have an opportunity to somehow serve my Lord, even though I can't physically do a lot of things I once could. He always paves our way. He knows much more than we ever could, and He loves us, and does what He knows to be the best for us. I am SO glad He's in control, and not us. We always make a mess of things, eventually if not right off the bat. He never does.

God be with you my friend, and prayers are up on your behalf, for a healing, either whole or partial. Any improvement will be welcome I know. Isn't it humbling to know how dependent we truly are on Him? God bless you and your family. We need all the "good guys" we can get today!

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you so much for letting us know.

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry to hear this. Lead 1 was a "good guy," and one I appreciated. We all have our time, and to a Christian, it's really not supposed to be something to dread, but merely just accept. This world is a testing and proving ground to see who'll be fit for Heaven, and who will not. Death to a Christian is like a butterfly emerging from its crysalis. We even get wings like the butterflies! Won't it be a great thing to get to Heaven, and meet our friends and family again? And this time, there'll be no more pain, parting or sadness. What a wonderful day that will be!

Hello guys,

Bryan here, These last few weeks have been bittersweet. Not a day had gone by that I have not thought about dad. Again thank you guys for the support.

I have done a lot of thinking and looking through his belongings. I inherited some things and now realized at least one reason he reloaded. I am sure I will find more reasons along the way.

I picked up one of his 45 Colts that he enjoyed much. I went to the local gun store to purchase ammo for it. I found it was nearly 45$ for 50 basic rounds to poke holes into paper. Dad liked his different cowboy guns. I am use to shooting semi auto 9mms and 5.56s which is significantly cheaper.

Needless to say, This new information was a shock lol. With that being said I am quickly gaining interest in reloading. I figure it is a memory of dad that I can keep going plus I work Midnights and find myself with a lot of free time now that he is gone. He left behind pretty much anything and everything I need to start this journey.

I was hoping some of you could private message me and fill me in on where to start. I would like guidance in the correct direction on where to continue this post elsewhere to get started. He let me know this was a good group of guys to talk with.

Thanks in advance.

-Lead-1s Son , Lead-2
    Blessed Are The Peacekeepers, For They Shall Be Called The Children Of God.
    -Matthew 5:9

Boolit Master

So sorry to hear of the passing of your father. May he rest in piece with the Good Lord Almighty.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Bryan,
    Excellent choice of handle...it's absolutely respectful to the memory of your dad. Welcome to the forum! While the initial motivation to get into reloading and/or casting is to save money, it quickly becomes a wonderful hobby/obsession that may cost more than factory ammo. The real return on investment is the joy and satisfaction of knowing that you made it yourself and you have almost total control. God Bless you and your family, and may Lead-1 RIP.
    Ed

Prayers for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead-2 View Post

I was hoping some of you could private message me and fill me in on where to start. I would like guidance in the correct direction on where to continue this post elsewhere to get started. He let me know this was a good group of guys to talk with.

Thanks in advance.

-Lead-1s Son , Lead-2
    Bryan, First off, sorry to hear about your father, may he rest in pease. Second, Welcome, you just have to ask questions to get answers on here. Thurd, Pick a pistol caliber and post your request (start a thread) for help here (just click on the link)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...rite-Cartridge

And you will be on the way.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

Sir, I have tools made by my Father and Grandfather ( not reloading but machining). Some were theirs some they made for me when I got in the trade, But every time I use one it brings back memories of them and warm feelings.

If you can hang onto his reloading equipment it will make your time at the bench even more special to you.

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you

Cast Boolits Owner

Sorry to hear about your dad. Glad to hear you have memories of shooting with him. Hopefully you will be able to use his tools in order to continue shooting.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

I have dreaded this news. Last month, he reached out asking us to pray for him. I asked for his number so I could pray with him. I called but unfortunately could only leave a message. The thought in the back of my mind was he was no longer able to receive messages. I prayed for him again. I know not this man other than he was a brother in Christ as well as a person who enjoyed similar important things in this world with family coming before hobbies. The pain and sorrow of this world has not traveled with him, and we will meet one day.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12